Clicky sounds

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
spiffincat

Clicky sounds

Post by spiffincat » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:27 pm

Hi all,

I'm working on a tune that for 2 bars has 16th note vocal samples in clips running. There are two different traks to double the amount of vocal events occuring for the purpose of creating harmonies.

Along with this there is a series of guitar sample clips, synth clips and 4 different drum tracks running as well.

It's a very busy 2 bar section.

When I play it back it is riddled by very annoying clicky noises that can not be attributed to any one track.

I have tried soloing tracks, playing only 2 or three of the tracks at once ; switching them around, sometimes just the vox and droms, sometime just the synth and guitar, and I caan't find the source of the clicks on just one track when I do solo a track there are no clicks.

I've spent a fair amount of time on this song and would like to keep this part as it's sort of the climax of the song.

Has anyone every encountered anything like this before? If so, how was it remedied? I'm willing to chop off a couple of the tracks to preogress and finnish the tune but I have no clue which one is causing it.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

spiffincat

Funkin8

Re: Clicky sounds

Post by Funkin8 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:59 pm

Could it be that there is too much going on for your buffer size? Try increasing this and playing it again.

Stromkraft

Re: Clicky sounds

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:04 pm

spiffincat wrote:
When I play it back it is riddled by very annoying clicky noises that can not be attributed to any one track.

Does any of this improve if you freeze tracks? What's your CPU load inside Live?
Do you use side-chain on Compressor or Glue anywhere? What happens if you turn off SC?
Make some music!