Step Sequencer for Filter Automation

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
bra10

Step Sequencer for Filter Automation

Post by bra10 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:35 pm

I´m using Ableton Live Suite 9.50.
Is it possible to control the autofilter frequency by a step sequencer and not via automation?
I managed to do this with Oscillot but I would prefer to have the the filter-data visible without the need to open an editor.
Thanks in advance!
bra10

miekwave

Re: Step Sequencer for Filter Automation

Post by miekwave » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:12 am

bra10 wrote:I´m using Ableton Live Suite 9.50.
Is it possible to control the autofilter frequency by a step sequencer and not via automation?
I managed to do this with Oscillot but I would prefer to have the the filter-data visible without the need to open an editor.
Thanks in advance!
bra10
M4L step sequencer will do just that. Do you have M4L?

bra10

Post by bra10 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:24 pm

Maybe I didn't fully understand the M4L Step Sequencer but I only can trigger notes and not the filter with this device?!

miekwave

Post by miekwave » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:50 am

bra10 wrote:Maybe I didn't fully understand the M4L Step Sequencer but I only can trigger notes and not the filter with this device?!
Ah, sorry. I do not use M4L too much in that regard but I have seen it demonstrated before. I usually use M4L CC lfo/envelope and do not see a step filter template. But it's possible to step sequence CC values, hmm. Anyone here familiar with a CC step sequencer device thats not Automation lane?

xmonsta

Post by xmonsta » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:14 am

We have an adapted version of the M4L monosequencer available, that does this, which is and addon for our PULL touchscreen editor for Ableton.

http://www.xmonsta.com/product/mono-sequencer-pull/

There are two extra lanes for parameter mapping and step sequencing. It doesnt require our PULL software or touchscreen control, so can be used like normal. However, touchscreen control greatly enhances this device.
http://www.xmonsta.com Music devices and controllers for Ableton Live