Plugins

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Gmoney86

Plugins

Post by Gmoney86 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:29 pm

Hey I recently got Live and I was wondering what plugins people recommend with Live. If you've had any really good experiences with any in particular lemme know cuz I need some.

conny

Post by conny » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:45 pm

Freebies:

UDO's struff.
Chrystal (greenoak)
Paax sampler.
Synth1
NoteGraphica
MDA Piano
SFZ soundfont player
PolyIblit

SupaTrigga (Smartelectronix)
Luxonix LFX 1310
BufferOverride (Destroy FX)

And some more...

// C
PC Laptop Acer, XP Home SP2, build in crappy sound card.
Bleeps and Blops!
http://bluemoose.greatnow.com/

paddypaws

Post by paddypaws » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:58 pm

have a gander at waves.com esp under tips and tricks not free but we bought them and it all we ever need
"Unless you see somebody's eyebrows, it's difficult
to communicate. That's why dogs are more popular than
cats - because they have eyebrows." - David Lee Roth
http://myspace.com/paddypaws123

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:26 pm

EQs -
Hydratone - www.tritonedigital.com $149. you may think $150 for an EQ? what the hell. but its so unique and warm. i havent met a person who owns it that wouldn't have paid $400 for it if they had to.

TrackPlug - www.wavearts.com $99 this summer. this is very good on the CPU and is also a channel strip. so it has a gate and compressor as well. you can make the EQ up to 10 bands if you like, or as few as 1 band. you can also make the EQ pre or post-comp/gate. a good workhorse plugin.

Reverbs-
MasterVerb - www.wavearts.com $99 this summer. just like the other Wave Arts plugins, its lite on the CPU and nice on the ears.

Dynamics-
PSP MixPack - www.pspaudioware.com $135 @ audiomidi.com. This is a collection of 4 plugins. MixBass, MixTreble, MixPressor, MixSaturator. Great for adding more attitude to your mixes, or individual sounds. MixBass can bring out bass harmonics that you didnt think you had. and MixSaturator can make just about any sound that is dull sound exciting. The whole bundle is a bit like PSP Vintage Warmer (VW) chopped up and divided into 4 specialized plugins... with further control over the EQ/Compressor/Saturation that VW is capable of.

FinalPlug - www.wavearts.com $99 this summer. Kicks ass. comes with a ditherer. not too greasy. transparent if you want it to be.

Synthesizers
U-HE Filterscape - www.u-he.com $129. This is actually a bundle of a filter, a synth, and a 6 band EQ. these 3 plugins are based around one truley amazing filter by Urs Heckman. CPU usage is quite exception. the filterscape filter is a dual filter with lots of modulation capabilities. the filterscape synth "FilterscapeVA" includes an arpeggiator and there are few sounds its not capable of.

Operator - www.ableton.com $149. Ableton's own FM synth. its getting improvements in Ableton Live v.5 it interfaces with the Live program quite well. great bass, pads, and wierdness.

Drum Machines
Microtonic. aka µTonic - www.soniccharge.com $69. This is more of a drum synth. but its a joy to use. very lite on the cpu and sounds are very high quality. It kind of reminds me of Waldorf Attack but slimmed down

------------------------
also, keep in mind that Live comes with tons of great FX (lots of unique delays especially), its own Impulse drum machine, and the Simpler sampler.
hope this helps. and there are tons and tons of exceptional free plugins out there. some of my faves are RubyTube, More Feedback Machine, Fish Fillets, and Rumblence:Zoyd

i am admittedly a plugin whore. but if i truely had to only choose a handfull of plugins. the ones listed above would be my first choices.

anti-banausic

Post by anti-banausic » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:06 am

Adam,

You really do like Filterscape...

Are you also anxiously awaiting Zebra2, like the rest of us u-he converts???
Macbook c2d 2.0, 2G RAM, 160G HD 5400 RPM, OSX(10.5.5), XP Home, LIVE6, BCR 2000, UC33e, Yamaha P-200, Logic Studio, KRK V6 II