Insane Waves Vocal FX Bundle deal..

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
sana48

Insane Waves Vocal FX Bundle deal..

Post by sana48 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:24 pm

I'm not sure how long it will be on sale but you can get Waves Tune, DeBreath, Doubler, Renaissance Axx, Renaissance Channel, and Renaissance DeEsser for 75$ on Plugin Boutique right now.

Usually 500$

makes me wonder if they are releasing something completely new at Namm.... the way they are trying to offload their products lol.

Regardless, I needed Waves Tune and found it on sale for 100$ and thought that was a great deal but then I saw the whole damn bundle for 75$ and had to share ..

http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/2 ... /852-Vocal

sana48

Re: Insane Waves Vocal FX Bundle deal..

Post by sana48 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:30 am

LFO8 wrote:I am one of the duped sadly. But I do think it is better for all customers overall that they lower their prices. Too late for me though. I am looking to leave Waves behind for good.
ouch...

sorry man, I didnt even think about that...

eventually though everything gets cheaper, its about paying what you need, for what you need in the moment I guess.

8O

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:16 am

I'm not abandoning Waves and I won't care what their prices will be in the future. What I got now I'm keeping. Except for a handful I think I have what I need.
There are drawbacks with Waves in Live though and the primary one being lack of proper side-chaining. Ought to be a deal breaker for many.
Make some music!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:22 pm

Waves has definitely taken some weird turns lately, no doubt. Crazy how they went from being what people associated as the best of the best, to something a lot of musicians barely even know about these days.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:12 pm

Their secret police tactics of going after low level cracked users didn’t help their reputation.

I just got my first Waves plugins on a holiday discount and every single weekend since then they have had flash sales. One plugin I was looking into went on sale and back to regular price twice in a month. Then there’s all their bundles. On top of that buy multiple plugins in one go and you get a discount on that. It’s like they have 3 separate sales and marketing departments that never get together and one database developer throwing all their ideas online without question.

sana48

Post by sana48 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:50 pm

beats me wrote: It’s like they have 3 separate sales and marketing departments that never get together and one database developer throwing all their ideas online without question.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

This is so true!

The deal I just got is ridiculous... I mean the whole marketing side of it. It would be like Ableton saying: only for 24 hours you can buy Ableton Standard for 200$ Or.... You can buy Suite with Push 2 for 100$

HUH?

I was so confused at what I was seeing that I started a live chat with a waves sales rep and said "whats up with this?" Waves Tune is on sale for 100$ Waves Tune plus 5 other plugins, as a bundle, is on sale for 75$

What gives?

LMAO

He said, ya man, go for the bundle, its a great deal!

I couldnt argue with him though lol , and I went for the bundle.

But I would have been ALL KINDS OF LIVID if I would have bought waves tune only then turned around and saw the whole damn bundle for cheaper...

something is amiss with these people...

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:11 pm

Most of their bundles don’t apply to what I do.

Another thing they’ll do is have a bunch of very specific use plugins and maybe 1 or 2 that are more general purpose. They’ll rarely discount (or substantially discount) the general purpose plugin but the specific ones they will or will bundle them. “Oh wow, 6 reverbs in a bundle! But the 1 I want isn’t included. But it also includes 3 limiters I don’t need!”

CFM

Post by CFM » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:35 pm

I used Waves way way way back before music was invented!

Then stopped using them for about 5 years. Then couple of years ago decided I needed them so got an upgrade plan. Although my old plugins were around 4 versions behind I got the latest ones. I think Waves are good for that and better than many software companies!

With my plan I got a discount voucher plus at the time the silver bundle was on offer, it was a no-brainer price - I think I paid something like $50 around £30.

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:38 pm

I've learned the hard way to never buy a plugin full price...stuff is ALWAYS on sale at some point. Don't see what you want, just wait a few months and it's bound to pop up.

I demoed a really nice plugin from Plugin Alliance - their bx_digital V2. Sounded really great and I loved it...but it was $329. I held off...and a couple of months later I picked it up for $60 or $70.

It does make me think about what the real "worth" of a plugin is. I see compressors reduced from $299 to $50 or so several times a year.

By the way, check out Plugin Alliance - they've got some neat plugs on sale right now.

EDIT: I will say Waves are pretty cool in my book. A couple of months ago I bought Element. A few weeks ago they released Element 2. I logged in to my account and found out they had automatically upgraded me to the latest version - I didn't even have to ask.

sana48

Post by sana48 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:10 pm

Shift Gorden wrote: By the way, check out Plugin Alliance - they've got some neat plugs on sale right now.
Plugin Alliance has some truly top end stuff. I've been lucky enough to catch their 9$ plugin sales for the past few months, and their Xmas stuff is all still on sale, think I grabbed 4 or 5 more. Excellent plugos for sure, their formatting is amazing across all platforms, but yes, very expensive at retail price.

My main issue with waves is the boring GUI lol but they won my support after a support tech took remote control of my computer to get one of their plugins working for me- on Christmas Eve.

As far as support goes, they have only impressed me on a massive scale.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:49 pm

beats me wrote:very specific use plugins
Hey, whadaya know. Just got an email from Waves advertising their new plugin just for processing piano. Really? We need a plugin just for processing piano? :x

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:36 pm

Funny, I had the same happen to me last time I read this thread. I guess if you can sell people on the need for different types of dither, piano processing isn't too much of a stretch.

sana48

Post by sana48 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:45 pm

Tarekith wrote: I guess if you can sell people on the need for different types of dither, piano processing isn't too much of a stretch.
:lol:

sana48

Post by sana48 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:51 pm

Tarekith wrote:Waves has definitely taken some weird turns lately, no doubt. Crazy how they went from being what people associated as the best of the best, to something a lot of musicians barely even know about these days.

I get the suspicion that there has been a major realization on their end, something is happening. I agree that their days of premium prices are over but they are just about giving away their stuff at these prices.