velocity on high hat track

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
micksmuse

velocity on high hat track

Post by micksmuse » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:35 am

so i have a high hat midi track for a song and it has several velocity's to it how do i select all of them to move them all up in velocity with the same difference between them that is there now? if i select the whole track and pull one note up just that note increases. i want to increase them all at the same increments they are currently at.
long story on why but i record them to an audio track and i get too much noise if them are as low as they are currently. any help is appreciated.

Stromkraft

Re: velocity on high hat track

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:43 am

micksmuse wrote:if i select the whole track and pull one note up just that note increases. i want to increase them all at the same increments they are currently at.
Select all notes, not the whole track and then move one. The others will follow. You can also use the MIDI Velocity effect.
micksmuse wrote: long story on why but i record them to an audio track and i get too much noise if them are as low as they are currently. any help is appreciated.
I'm sorry but that sounds like wooly thinking and a bad reason for changing velocity. Aren't you working in 24bits? Then whatever noise you hear is not because you record too low.

What is your sound source and why don't you adjust volume velocity sensitivity there?
Make some music!

micksmuse

Re: velocity on high hat track

Post by micksmuse » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:54 am

what i am doing is using a korg kronos and recording drum patterns off of it onto a midi track on ableon then i duplicate that track for as many times as i have number of individual drum sounds. then i strip off everything but the bass drum on one track, snare on another, hats on another, tons on another etc.
i am sure this is archaic but one gets used to ones style of doing things. anyway i record each midi track onto a separate audio track which i color to my taste with
but things like low recorded hats have to have the volume up so high on my interface to record onto the audio track that i get too much noise so i wanted to just increase the velocity of all the notes on the hat track which has wide varience of velocity between the hits.
ok, i am ready to be ridiculed for the archaic proceedure.