Ableton Live should retain full undo history after save.

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Post Reply
sardaukar
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:26 pm

Ableton Live should retain full undo history after save.

Post by sardaukar » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:42 am

At the moment, Ableton clears the undo history after a save. I would even go as far to say that this is a bug, and should get resolved. I almost lost work because of this (lucky I had a backup).

Please vote +1 :idea:

Stromkraft
Posts: 7033
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:34 am

Re: Ableton Live should retain full undo history after save.

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:15 am

sardaukar wrote:At the moment, Ableton clears the undo history after a save. I would even go as far to say that this is a bug, and should get resolved. I almost lost work because of this (lucky I had a backup).
Agreed, but you'd be better off posting a poll in Feature Wishlist or make a suggestion at Ableton @Centercode > Suggestions (public).
Make some music!

prprprpr
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Re: Ableton Live should retain full undo history after save.

Post by prprprpr » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:16 am

it should not only have undo after save, but have a list like logic, where you can choose to undo only 10th action. anyway, totally agree with this one.

sardaukar
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:26 pm

Re: Ableton Live should retain full undo history after save.

Post by sardaukar » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:55 pm

Opened this topic, in the feature request section....

See here....Vote for either, people :)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=219494

Stromkraft
Posts: 7033
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:34 am

Re: Ableton Live should retain full undo history after save.

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:39 pm

sardaukar wrote:Opened this topic, in the feature request section....

See here....Vote for either, people :)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=219494
Great, but it'd be even more useful if you make a poll out of it. Go to edit and add the options at the bottom end of the form. Then we can vote and have a tally.
Make some music!

Stromkraft
Posts: 7033
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:34 am

Re: Ableton Live should retain full undo history after save.

Post by Stromkraft » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:40 pm

prprprpr wrote:it should not only have undo after save, but have a list like logic, where you can choose to undo only 10th action. anyway, totally agree with this one.
Yes, please.
Make some music!

yup yup
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:23 am
Location: everywhere

Re: Ableton Live should retain full undo history after save.

Post by yup yup » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:12 am

save as?

NoSonic822
Posts: 700
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:38 am

Re: Ableton Live should retain full undo history after save.

Post by NoSonic822 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:43 am

its best that if you know you are going to try a bunch of linked changes to your set...then hit save as and create a new branch instead of trying to crush and claw away at that first stem :|

Post Reply