Melodyne 4...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mmorgan

Melodyne 4...

Post by mmorgan » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:58 am

...Is here! Find out here: http://www.celemony.com/en/start

:D
Michael Morgan | pearl hour project
Intel i7-2600 @3.4GHz; 16G Ram; Win 10-64; Live 9.5
RME-Fireface UFX; Machine II; APC40; MPK25;
Guitars and Amps

miekwave

Re: Melodyne 4...

Post by miekwave » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:10 am

mmorgan wrote:...Is here! Find out here: http://www.celemony.com/en/start

:D
Nice!
It would be rad if Celemonty and Ableton teamed up to make Melodyne reality in Clip Edit Mode, Piano Roll Mode and Arrangement View Mode.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:45 pm

As cool as the technology is, I feel like it’s something I would rarely use or more likely it would become yet another plugin I forgot I have.

For those using it already, can you tell me for what and how often?

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:59 pm

beats me wrote:As cool as the technology is, I feel like it’s something I would rarely use or more likely it would become yet another plugin I forgot I have.

I mainly use it to turn my unlistenable out of tune voice into a rock steady in-tune unlistenable voice.
I use it as often as I need a reminder that I'm not a singer, which is about once a month.
I love the ease of use and the swiftness with which I can remind myself that I should stop trying to sing.

You are benefiting from me having this plugin.

pinkpaint

Post by pinkpaint » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:01 pm

In skrillexs older songs. All the crazy pitched melody fx vocals are done with melodyne AFAIK

mmorgan

Post by mmorgan » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:15 pm

beats me wrote: For those using it already, can you tell me for what and how often?
I don't use it all the time but I do use it quite often...generally at least on one track of any given song/project.

I use it for:

* Minor vocal pitch correction
* Building vocal harmonies when I am unconcerned about 'artificiality'
* Mangling guitar sounds :idea:
* Sometimes timing issues but I typically feel more comfortable with the DAW's timing tools.
Guitars and Amps

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:33 pm

I don’t sing or use vocalists. So sounds like for the most part I don’t need it.

Not to highjack the thread, but I’m constantly coming across new music with great vocalists. Is this (A). A sudden explosion of people with vocal talent? (B). They’ve always been out there but the limited scope old music industry kept them from being exposed? (C). Technology now allows anybody to be a decent vocalist?

As far as Skrillex vocals, I’m unsure. There’s a “(not so) secret” Waves pitch shifting plugin a lot of EDM artists claim to use, whether you want to mickey mouse it or create vocal risers.

miekwave

Post by miekwave » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:58 pm

beats me wrote:As cool as the technology is, I feel like it’s something I would rarely use or more likely it would become yet another plugin I forgot I have.

I just used it to tune vocals for a video game remix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8e8qE9vcLg

mmorgan

Post by mmorgan » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:16 pm

beats me wrote:I don’t sing or use vocalists. So sounds like for the most part I don’t need it.

Not to highjack the thread, but I’m constantly coming across new music with great vocalists. Is this (A). A sudden explosion of people with vocal talent? (B). They’ve always been out there but the limited scope old music industry kept them from being exposed? (C). Technology now allows anybody to be a decent vocalist?

As far as Skrillex vocals, I’m unsure. There’s a “(not so) secret” Waves pitch shifting plugin a lot of EDM artists claim to use, whether you want to mickey mouse it or create vocal risers.
Not trying to convince you of anything but I would suggest you check into Celemony's website and watch a couple of the videos on the new features. Some of the new features are swimmingly cool, jaw dropping even. They look to be a sound manglers heaven.

Just sayin.

EDIT: Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDsVm_Vus_0
Guitars and Amps

Mister Natural

Post by Mister Natural » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:10 am

. . . and everyone just focuses on vocal correction but it can do any instrument

http://www.guitarplayer.com/guitar-play ... ions/49192
an expert only on what it feels like to be me
& you are who you google
#smile

EasyWorkflow

Post by EasyWorkflow » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:27 am

Angstrom wrote:

I mainly use it to turn my unlistenable out of tune voice into a rock steady in-tune unlistenable voice.
I use it as often as I need a reminder that I'm not a singer, which is about once a month.
I love the ease of use and the swiftness with which I can remind myself that I should stop trying to sing.

You are benefiting from me having this plugin.

That is fuuny shit because as much as I love EDM and learning Ableton, I am a semi pro blues guitarist that wants to sing badly, but was not allowed near a mic because I sucked at singing. But that's about to change because I made up my mind that I can & will learn to sing and become decent. Maybe not 3 octaves, but decent enough to sing in key. You can too bro. As the late great Henry Ford once said "if you think you can or think you can't, either way you are right" As the other saying goes "don't die with the music still in you" That almost happened to me because I was in a bad accident at end of 2012, and pronounced "dead" for 2 minutes before miraculously being resuscitated by a person who showed up at exact place/time of accident. I almost died with the music still in me. I will post a track within 6 months of me singing without correction software. If I still suck... mission control, we may have be a problem.

I owe you an apology for saying some stupid shit about you because another member was using one of your quotes in his signature which had your name after the quote which confused the shit out of me because I kept seeing same response in different threads thinking WTF is wrong with this guy, not realizing it was another member's signature I was reading. My bad and happy to see your post so I had chance to say sorry. I know not a biggie but I feel better.

Peace

BobbyD

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:48 am

Thanks, yes - I think I will insist on singing. Why not, when Bob Dylan can get away with it for all these years I just have to find the best way to capture what I want with the instrument I've got.

I do appreciate the apology, that was nice of you. Lucky for me I'm old and my skin is leathery and impenetrable!

EasyWorkflow

Post by EasyWorkflow » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:18 am

Angstrom wrote:Thanks, yes - I think I will insist on singing. Why not, when Bob Dylan can get away with it for all these years I just have to find the best way to capture what I want with the instrument I've got.

I do appreciate the apology, that was nice of you. Lucky for me I'm old and my skin is leathery and impenetrable!
I am old too. But that's a good thing. If you stop getting old, that is a bad thing.