Live Metronome Sync To Smart Phone

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
garyd7

Live Metronome Sync To Smart Phone

Post by garyd7 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:19 pm

Hello,

I want to have a metronome synced to Live's master clock playing in each of my band members phones so that they can all wear headphones and play in sync with Ableton Live. Does anyone know of any app that supports this? I imagine it's something that link would be able to do but I haven't found any apps as of yet.

Thanks,
Gary

ark

Re: Live Metronome Sync To Smart Phone

Post by ark » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:07 pm

Pick a drum app of your choice that supports Link and put a metronome-like sound on each beat.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:46 pm

MoDrum (paid app) works with Link, I like that one quite a bit (although its extreeeemely minimal, I like the pack that includes the Bassline app). A free app is LP-5, it plays loops, you can use a drum loop. Another free one is Link to Midi, which sends timecode out to other hardware and apps (works slightly better on hardware).

Remember that you'd need wifi setup where you're doing this.

Also, it's perfect when it is connected, but if for any reason you should lose connection, it won't sound pretty.

You might be best off using a long cable from the computer.

Note: if you have iPhones/iPads right now, you can download those apps and test Link out right now. It works with or without Live.

garyd7

Post by garyd7 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:22 pm

Thanks for your help, I'll set it up for our next rehearsal this week and report back!