MIDI Clock from Ableton or External Hardware?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
EasyWorkflow

MIDI Clock from Ableton or External Hardware?

Post by EasyWorkflow » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:38 am

Hello Friends....against what some folks have recommended which was to keep everything in the digital realm, I went with my intuition and purchased my first piece of analog hardware which is a Moog Sub 37. All I can say is always follow your intuition in life because this piece of gear can change a person's destiny. Actually an gear can but I think you get the point I was trying to make. It's amazing, and this is coming from a guitarist who also had eye on a guitar and went with Moog.

I know many people like sound of analog gear, but is the MIDI clock more accurate from a digital or analog source. Digital meaning it can come from an external digital synth or Ableton. Is it a better to get MIDI clock from Ableton? . The other question which will reveal my true lack of knowledge in integration of analog & digital gear, is if the power of the computer Ableton is running on have any impact on accuracy of clocking?

This is a brand new world for me so appreciate the help.

PS...For all Spectrasonic Omnisphere 2 users, new Bob Moog tribute library available for download $100.
https://www.spectrasonics.net/products/tribute/
The full $100 is donated to the Bob Moog Foundation. It will be interesting when I post two tracks on SoundCloud and let you try to figure out which track is the Moog .