ableton

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
phil@40

ableton

Post by phil@40 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:46 pm

Hi guys thanks for the replys, I totally love ableton, my inspiration is jean Michel jarre, I love his music, im trying to come up with ideas for music similar to his, especially oxygene, does anyone know of any vsts/plugins etc for ableton where I can get the sounds from oxygene, or very similar.

Another things, is it possible when using ableton I can save what ive recorded so far as mp3 or something and then load it onto my phone to listen to when im out and about, to listen and try and improve.

Thanks

Phil

sana48

Re: ableton

Post by sana48 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:56 pm

You win the award for the most vague thread title ever.

I don't know the artist you're speaking of but you can render your track (contol+shift+R on a pc) and then transfer the wav. file to your phone.

edit: so I checked his stuff out, I'd say to get Omnisphere, others might recommend Komplete. Either way they would both suite your inspiration nicely.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:10 am

Ableton doesn't export as MP3, but you can use many free tools online for this, even iTunes.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:17 pm

phil@40 wrote:s it possible when using ableton I can save what ive recorded so far as mp3 or something and then load it onto my phone to listen to when im out and about, to listen and try and improve.
What operating system are you on?

The first is always to export to lossless, I'd say 16bit/44.1kHz AIFF or WAV. If you add this to iTunes it can be played back both there and in your iPhone, if you sync.
There's no need to use MP3 just for this purpose, unless you're short of space. I'd use AAC instead. Personally I prefer other tools to place my lossless on my iPhone, like iMazing on OS X.
Make some music!

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:49 pm

Stromkraft, would you recommend the Mastered for Itunes droplet app for this purpose? It creates a fairly compact file, and one that can be easily imprted to one's i-Device.

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:51 pm

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:46 pm

re:dream wrote:Stromkraft, would you recommend the Mastered for Itunes droplet app for this purpose? It creates a fairly compact file, and one that can be easily imprted to one's i-Device.
That's no different than doing it directly in iTunes, but you could use that method too. The other option is to check the option to convert higher bit rate files to AAC when syncing to your iOS devices. That way you have the higher quality version on your computer, and the smaller option on your iPhone, iPad, etc.

biestyboy

Post by biestyboy » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:28 pm

The kitlist for Oxygene (according to Wiki) was - ARP 2600, EMS Synthi AKS, EMS VCS3, RMI Harmonic Synthesizer, Farfisa Professional Organ, Eminent 310U, Mellotron and the Rhythmin' Computer (later revealed to be a Korg Minipops-7 rhythm machine)

Most of this is available as VSTs and I'd say the most prominant sounds on the album are the Mellotron, the Minipops, the ARP 2600 and the VCS3, IMHO.
Live 11 Suite (64 bit)
Windows 10 (64 bit)
Plugins galore
Push

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:37 pm

I could be wrong, but don’t you have to be an iTunes Match subscriber in order to have your self-produced tracks sync wirelessly? If you buy all your tracks on iTunes than it really serves no purpose. I thought the main selling point for us producer types is iTunes Match also backups and gives you access to anything you put in the iTunes app that isn’t available on iTunes for you to stream or download to your idevice wirelessly.

As far as plugins, isn’t Arturia the go to developer for vintage synth emulators and their plugins are also already coded for Push 2?