ableton link

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Zac Kyoti

Re: ableton link

Post by Zac Kyoti » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:32 am

Heavy testing tonight. Link is working well, sync seems much tighter than midi clock. (I'm using an ad hoc network on OSX). However, I'm still finding that most iPad apps' audio processing times still introduce enough latency to make live jamming annoying. Read: delay, phase problems, still need to set a new 1.1.1 warp point on every recorded clip.. Not every app is the same. iElectribe is tolerable to me, Elastic Drums, not so much.

I'm very interested to hear others' experience with timing so far. Preferably coupled with some actual measurements of recorded audio offset. FYI, I'm getting about 9ms of delay (against Ableton) using iElectribe or Gadget, ~20ms with Elastic Drums. If only using iPad, I get a delay amount equal to the difference between two apps (with the example above, about 11ms).

yur2die4

Re: ableton link

Post by yur2die4 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:30 pm

leighbeater wrote:hi link is nice got it set up

whats the best way to get the audio from the iPad into the computer (i.e. into Ableton Live)?

i plugged a cable straight from iPad headphone outs into my input on my audio interface, but it sounds sh#t

do i need to buy one of those fancy iPad interfaces? Or is there an easy and not so bad way i can do it without buying more gear?

cheers
Apparently in El Capitan there is another option: https://youtu.be/MoG7Ni3uvaU I do not know how well it works, I do not have an apple computer. This looks niiiiiice though