432hz default setting change

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Stromkraft

Re: 432hz default setting change

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:34 pm

stringtapper wrote:Dear Jesus,

Please let this nonsense die.

For crying out loud stop your nonsense! It's an alternative tuning! Who cares? you. Why? No-one made any outrageous claims.

Do I care about all shit EDM out there? No, I make music. Why isn't that sufficient for you?
Make some music!

re:dream

Post by re:dream » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:46 pm

The Unknown wrote:How do I set the default for my Frequency Tone to 432hz.?
What is a 'Frequency Tone'?

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:56 pm

stringtapper wrote:
Division Monarchy wrote:I don't find it as much nonsense as it is letting artists experiment with tones and frequencies. 440 is really only a standard in modern western music. Personally, I like my music to be a little more out of tha standard. I also want to start incorporating exotic instruments that are in different ranges. The ability to change the frequency doesn't take anything away from anyone that makes music in the standard of 440. Whether the 432 thing is a total myth, who knows. I don't think it's a far fetched idea that everything in existence involves some frequency. Part of the artistic aspect of music is trying to tap into that idea. It's more about finding inspiration than anything else, and for some working out of a certain frequency does that. It's not much different than a painter using a particular colour pallette.
Right, you can't even explain why you use it besides "it's inspirational."

And that's pretty much par for the course with the whole 432Hz thing.

And just to clarify some things for you:

Being "out of tha standard" by simply using a different tuning reference frequency is about as rebellious as wearing mirror tinted sunglasses. Simply tuning everything 31.7 cents off from the standard reference point is not unique and certainly not very creative because at the end of the day you're still using 12-tone equal temperament.

If going against standards is your thing then looking into entirely different tuning systems (Just Intonation, Hermode Tuning, etc.) can bring something actually unique to the table.
It isn't as "rebellious" as the way you're behaving here, and discussing those few cents surely is more interesting than your pointless irrespective rant.
So please post respectfully.
Thx
J.
Ableton Forum Moderator

mlclmdxxx

Post by mlclmdxxx » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:52 pm

When using audio, you can use "Detune" along with the "Tuner" effect and adjust accordingly. Change the reference in Tuner to 432hz and adjust the detune parameter until the notes hit the target on Tuner.

Easy game.

cheep_hardware

Post by cheep_hardware » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:23 am

Hahah god what an insufferable, pissy little guy stringtapper is.

I second the request for global pitch adjustment options, and also girls find me tolerable to be around. Cheers mates!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:04 pm

We don't allow name calling or personal attacks on the forum. You don't have to agree with someone, but please follow the community guidelines posted at the top of each forum or you won't be allowed to post here.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

jestermgee

Re: 432hz-SCIENCE OF SOUND HEALING

Post by jestermgee » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:31 pm

I can highly recommend this one, best nights sleep i've had in a long time!

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:32 pm

Judging by the date of those posts I’m not surprised I was in a bad mood. :x :P :lol:
Unsound Designer