11.6 inch Macbook Air

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
joefrost01

Re: 11.6 inch Macbook Air

Post by joefrost01 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:23 am

I would definitely go with as much storage as you can afford, I don't believe that it can be upgraded, at least not with very satisfactory results.

Per Geekbench, the i5 13" Macbook Pro would have a slight performance edge over the i7 11" Air: https://browser.primatelabs.com/geekben ... ne=3666209 but there's not a whole lot in it so you should probably go with the one you want most.

It's probably a question of size/weight versus quality of the display more than anything else...

From my point of view, if you could get a 13" Retina MacBook Pro with the same internal specs as the top of the line 15" then it would be an instant no-brainer but sadly, the only form factor that offers quad cores is the 15".

Dingo20

Re: 11.6 inch Macbook Air

Post by Dingo20 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:02 pm

joefrost01 wrote:I would definitely go with as much storage as you can afford, I don't believe that it can be upgraded, at least not with very satisfactory results.

Per Geekbench, the i5 13" Macbook Pro would have a slight performance edge over the i7 11" Air: https://browser.primatelabs.com/geekben ... ne=3666209 but there's not a whole lot in it so you should probably go with the one you want most.

It's probably a question of size/weight versus quality of the display more than anything else...

From my point of view, if you could get a 13" Retina MacBook Pro with the same internal specs as the top of the line 15" then it would be an instant no-brainer but sadly, the only form factor that offers quad cores is the 15".

Cool. I'm at the point where I'd like to go with an upgraded 11.6 MacBook Air but would be willing to get a 13.3 pro if it's the better bang for the buck. I really appreciate your replies! It definitely re-assures me that an 11.6 Air with the right specs could get the job done!