Catewalk Z3TA+2 problem audio unit not in vst folder

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
NOODY

Catewalk Z3TA+2 problem audio unit not in vst folder

Post by NOODY » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:27 pm

Hey guys have a problem with Z3TA+2 when i open ableton live 9 on my mac ,it only comes in my Audio Units and not in my VST so there is no sound even when i put in a preset. :? i rescanned it everthing nothing . So Any ideas ?

Thank you in advance!

Let the music flow :D

NOODY

Machinesworking

Re: Catewalk Z3TA+2 problem audio unit not in vst folder

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:20 am

Cakewalk got into the OSX game late, so they went with an AU version and a VST3 version only. No VST2.4 version, and Live only does VST2.4. Pretty much no DAW but Cubase does VST3. You need it installed for the AU to work though.

Just use the AU version.

NOODY

Post by NOODY » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:53 am

ok thanks man, but i only use ableton. so do you have any good sugestion in other vst s plug ins as similar as Z3TA+2.

NOODY

mrgrim3

Post by mrgrim3 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:08 am

NOODY wrote:ok thanks man, but i only use ableton. so do you have any good sugestion in other vst s plug ins as similar as Z3TA+2.

NOODY
i think native instruments massive does the same style synthesis but im not 100% sure so dont just beleive what i say

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:27 am

NOODY wrote:ok thanks man, but i only use ableton. so do you have any good sugestion in other vst s plug ins as similar as Z3TA+2.

NOODY
I don't think you got what I said.
You can use Audio Units in Ableton Live on a mac!

There is absolutely no reason in terms of anything but portability to Windows systems to stick to using only AU or only VST.

I mostly use VST 2, but I use AU with the few plug ins that are VST3 and AU only. It works great, no issues, not a problem.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:56 am

NOODY
I use Massive and Z3TA+ 2 as well as hardware like the Analog 4, Trident and others. I can tell you there's nothing like Z3TA+ 2. I love it and Massive is only third after Analog 4, though I use Massive for certain stuff. I wouldn't say they are similar, though both are very good wavetable synths they are different in sound. I feel the Z3TA+ 2 has the upper hand in raw waveforms and can sound very analog if handled right, or "digital" or a mix. Massive is great but the raw waveform sounds are, to me, a bit more obviously digital compared to Z3TA+ 2, even if they can be molded well. I think they complement each other extraordinarily.

If you like the sounds Z3TA+ 2 makes stay with it and just use it as an AU. I feel a majority of the presets are not very good IMHO, but you can learn from some of them of course and it's good to make up your own mind anyway.

As you're on the Mac you have 2 free extra libraries, normally paid for, you can get from Cakewalk. Look in your account. If they are not there just ask support.
Make some music!

NOODY

Post by NOODY » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:20 am

Ok its working !

THanks a lot man ! can flow the music now !!!

Cheers