Dear god tell me this is possible

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
NoSonic822

Re: Dear god tell me this is possible

Post by NoSonic822 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:21 am

audiosymmetry wrote:Thx penguinpajamas! Sana48, I like putting a randomizer on my sampler and chucking a host of random samples into it so that they play percussively. Ideally the samples would be in the key of the song, but I don't want to manually pitch each sample by hand one by one. It's doable of course, but it's time consuming, if I could have it done automatically it would cut the fat out of my workflow.
well, you could use simpler...the new one.....and put how ever many you want instances in a drumrack...make sure each simpler is one shot and have them all warped using tones or textures....and then put a random midi in front of it, this way you can have all your samples synced to the tempo....

otherwise like do is use sampler...the LFO on random > sample selection...then you have to pitch each sample to your chosen tempo.....sometimes you have to do some extra work to get good results..that aren't just boring and same as 50 000 other :producers:

or...you could record all your samples at the tempo you like to do your performances on, then bang...throw them all in sampler....good to go

but i like to use a random on the sampler anyway, because playing samplers at the same pitch always is boring, they aren't warped right but who cares that part of life

theophilus

Post by theophilus » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:05 pm

do you have max for live? look for max 7 pitch and time... it's a collection of free m4l instruments/effects that include a version of autotune... i haven't tried it yet...

NoSonic822

Post by NoSonic822 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:19 pm

theres also the slider on sampler, the keymapping...where you can have sampler follow every midi note that comes in and stretch the sample to that note..if its on 100%, but if you put it at 0%, all the samples will play back at their normal sample pitch....despite whatever note is coming in..

SuburbanThug

Post by SuburbanThug » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:43 pm

Did anybody suggest Resonator?

theophilus

Post by theophilus » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:52 pm

if you actually want to force pitches, you need to detect pitch, and then shift it... so autotune.

zynaptiq pitchmap is actually the closest i've seen to what you want, but afaik it doesn't process transients, so maybe not that effective for drums (but worth a try if you have it... it was recently on a crazy sale)...