What's your fastest way of saving audio samples you made?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
alexfsu

What's your fastest way of saving audio samples you made?

Post by alexfsu » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:00 am

Say I have a snare that I resampled. What's your fastest way of getting that into a custom folder as an .aif or .wav? When I drag into the browser it creates a project folder with an .alc in it. If I click on the file name in clip view and try to drag that file into the custom folder, it doesn't drag over. So I have to go into Finder and drag the file into the folder in Finder. This slows my workflow, do you guys use an easier way that I don't know of? Thanks.

overflow1

Re: What's your fastest way of saving audio samples you made?

Post by overflow1 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:05 am

I really like cmd+J it saves me time as I usually label things in Ableton to keep them straight, this way the name is printed to the wav and it's goes in a folder in your projects called consolidated.....I copy it from there to my library and then for there to use in my sets. I can delete the original project without losing the sample which is a major issues I dealt with a long time ago.

IDK........I'm sure there are other ways too.......Hope this helps.......

alexfsu

Re: What's your fastest way of saving audio samples you made?

Post by alexfsu » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:10 am

overflow1 wrote:I really like cmd+J it saves me time as I usually label things in Ableton to keep them straight, this way the name is printed to the wav and it's goes in a folder in your projects called consolidated.....I copy it from there to my library and then for there to use in my sets. I can delete the original project without losing the sample which is a major issues I dealt with a long time ago.

IDK........I'm sure there are other ways too.......Hope this helps.......
I never considered consolidating, that's a great tip thanks man.