I just did the stoopidest thing ever!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Rahlo

Post by Rahlo » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:54 am

quandry wrote:lets help Rahlo out--not monday mornin quarterback. I know that on XP, Live sets that aren't saved with a name (i.e. "untitled") save their audio to a temp folder in the audio directory you have chosen. Is it the same on macs, i.e. is a folder called "temp" created with the audio clips inside? Suppose he hadn't chosen/specified a folder to record his audio to in Live 5's preferences (Misc.>Audio Recording>Temporary Folder)--what does the 5 beta default to on macs? With XP, Live's new versions seem to get this audio folder from previously installed versions of Live, so maybe macs do this too? In that case, would a "temp" folder be created by osx inside the audio folder specified in Live's preferences? Anyone?

Ryan
whaddup quandry (i owe you a call, dude),

live does have a temp folder, and I did retrieve said vox from there only to find they crashed live again and again when I loaded them--that's why I ended up having to do it all over again.

like i said, it turned out better though, straight up!
peace,

rahlo
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.rahlo.com

MacBook Pro, Live 8, Reason 4, Akai MPD 32, Akai MPK 49, Akai APC 40, Metric Halo ULN-2 expanded, Apogee Duet.