MPC 1000 vs. Maschine mikro

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
starving student

Re: MPC 1000 vs. Maschine mikro

Post by starving student » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:08 pm

old legacy hardware that

1. has a usb port that allows one to send audio and midi back and forth from computer to mpc and mpc to computer, the mpc-1000 is class compliant so it shows up as an external hard drive on your computer and you can drag and drop samples and midi files to and from.

2. the mpc 1000 has external audio outputs for sending audio out to fx boxes or into your computers audio interface for further processing and sample beat mangling.

3. the mpc 1000 has better midi out options for controlling other gear, or for sequencing other gear including your computer soft synths if you want with the mpc midi sequencer which blows maschines sequencer away.....

4. you can even put a cheap hundred plus gig ide hard drive inside the 1000 for $40bucks that'll hold tons of samples in addition to it's flash card reader slot.

5. and unlike Maschine, you will be able to do tempo automation, record mutes and solos, and sequence in multiple time signatures all in one song.

this is only 5 out of about 500 hundred things that people who only use maschine cannot do, because maschine is not an "old legacy hardware from 2003" and this is very important thing to learn about music production. the future is not what they sold you..... oops I mean told you.

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:26 pm

starving student wrote:old legacy hardware that

1. has a usb port that allows one to send audio and midi back and forth from computer to mpc and mpc to computer, the mpc-1000 is class compliant so it shows up as an external hard drive on your computer and you can drag and drop samples and midi files to and from.

2. the mpc 1000 has external audio outputs for sending audio out to fx boxes or into your computers audio interface for further processing and sample beat mangling.

3. the mpc 1000 has better midi out options for controlling other gear, or for sequencing other gear including your computer soft synths if you want with the mpc midi sequencer which blows maschines sequencer away.....

4. you can even put a cheap hundred plus gig ide hard drive inside the 1000 for $40bucks that'll hold tons of samples in addition to it's flash card reader slot.

5. and unlike Maschine, you will be able to do tempo automation, record mutes and solos, and sequence in multiple time signatures all in one song.

this is only 5 out of about 500 hundred things that people who only use maschine cannot do, because maschine is not an "old legacy hardware from 2003" and this is very important thing to learn about music production. the future is not what they sold you..... oops I mean told you.
Since the OP found Push too complex already. The MPC 1000 is even more so.

From what I get from OP. He just wants some pads controller to make beats in Ableton Live.
Cheapest way would be Novation Launchpad with the launchpad95 script.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:11 pm

I’ve been working on music since the early 90’s and I think the MPC is too complex. :x

Or maybe I just have zero interest in returning to the glory days of menu diving and tiny screens. I’m probably wrong on that front too because some newer hardware thinks even that is extravagant and has no screens and minimal labeling. You just need to remember the bottom button on the left needs to be held down when turning the top knob on the right until the single LED blinks yellow. :x

starving student

Post by starving student » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:54 am

Guillermo Barrancos wrote:
starving student wrote:old legacy hardware that

Since the OP found Push too complex already. The MPC 1000 is even more so.

From what I get from OP. He just wants some pads controller to make beats in Ableton Live.
Cheapest way would be Novation Launchpad with the launchpad95 script.
i don't think that is what he said but ok.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:40 am

beats me wrote:I’ve been working on music since the early 90’s and I think the MPC is too complex. :x

Or maybe I just have zero interest in returning to the glory days of menu diving and tiny screens. I’m probably wrong on that front too because some newer hardware thinks even that is extravagant and has no screens and minimal labeling. You just need to remember the bottom button on the left needs to be held down when turning the top knob on the right until the single LED blinks yellow. :x
I love tiny menu screens, and even I find the older MPCs tedious to use.

starving student

Post by starving student » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:42 am

Most people are drawn to its ease of use, this doesn't look that tedious does it?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7ShAWzqAzYM

Sonic Revolutions

Post by Sonic Revolutions » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:22 am

What you need is a mpd218 from akai, forget about maschine and definitely forget about the mpc.

Why go for an extra box or controller with software that messes up your current workflow?
Maschine is really not as flexible as ableton live and I'm not even starting on the mpc.

Believe me you're better off with just the pads from the mpd218 to do drums with inside ableton.

Another thing. Be sure to check out the other features of push 2 too and try to see the possibilities it'll give you and how it will expand your workflow.

I've been using the mpc1000 since it came out. Sold it and got a maschine. Went back to the mpc again and finally ended up with just ableton and a push.

The Carpet Cleaner

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:13 pm

Korg Volca Sample. Cheap fun easy to use.
The way it is layed out you will be making techno beats the first day you buy it.
And you can import samples with an iPhone. Always on the go !

starving student

Post by starving student » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:55 pm

No offense lads but, he doesn't want to make techno beats, and he doesn't want abletons workflow, he's looking for something to contrast,and if he's looking to make hip hop future beats he needs something less limited in the sequencer dept. than maschine... Which leaves the MPC out of his choices does it not?

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:45 pm

Pretty sure that Maschine will be quicker, easier, sync more readily, and not have any unintentional compromises in sound quality.

On top of that, you can use vsts for audio fx and instruments.

The pads feel great, have color LEDs, and if one chooses to use them for Live instead, it is as easy as switching to the midi mode.

I would not box myself in with an mpc purchase.

starving student

Post by starving student » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:02 am

juul69 wrote:hey guys,
I'm getting in to this producing thing a bit and I would like to buy a machine that serves the purpose to mainly create drum tracks. To do this I've been looking into the MPC 500, MPC 1000 and Maschine mikro! I don't completely which one to pick, keeping in mind that I'll most likely use to make drum tracks for future beats kinda stuff. Which one is best to use for kanye style sampling? Could you guys help me?
Thank you!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:52 am

Still sounds like Maschine is the winner to me.

The Carpet Cleaner

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:33 pm

I had maschine for a long time but I feel like it lost it's way along updates, and it became bloated.
I now use Push 2 and it is amazing, everything in ableton live is much easier to create from A to Z.

If I want to go out of the computer to jam I REALLY go all the way with hardware such as Korg Volca, TR X0X, MFB, etc... mixer yamaha or pioneer and record on a Zoom.

You should keep that in mind OP, because maybe what you want is something not like Push 2 and be tied to the computer but either maschine or MPC will still feel like programming machines, whereas a dedicated drum machine like an MFB or Korg volca beats will provide you different feelings by playing with them.

You should try in a shop.

starving student

Post by starving student » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:15 am

gotta second that, you could never go wrong with MFB but that's a bit different story, still think the mpc is best for getting away from the puter with a sampling drumbox, the mpc 1000 is just monster bang of the buck + capability.... it's like what would you rather do spend $999 on maschine with a sub par sequencer or spend peanuts on the mpc and get a sequencer that's 999 times better