Map "Audio To" option to toggle Outputs... or alternative?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
soularpower

Map "Audio To" option to toggle Outputs... or alternative?

Post by soularpower » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:09 pm

Hi all I am looking for the best way to do this. Unfortunately the "Audio To" options at the foot of each track are not mapable, but maybe some of you have a way to do this or other suggestions.

I think it would be really useful to be able to map the Audio Outputs of each track. I could then toggle between say "Master" and "Sends Only" at the push of a button or turn of a dial.

A simple example why would be if I were sending a kit to a simple reverb in a return track. Obviously when set to Master, we hear the original signal and the reverb too. But sometimes I only want to hear the reverb, so I need to change to Sends Only. But then later on I want to hear the original signal too.

In fact I may want to Macro this mapping so that I can apply this to multiple tracks at the same time.
(I would be reducing the volume of the track/s in question to zero via fader before changing the routing)

All suggestions received with muchos appreciation!! :)
Thanks

FrancisBegbie

Re: Map "Audio To" option to toggle Outputs... or alternative?

Post by FrancisBegbie » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:41 pm

soularpower wrote:Hi all I am looking for the best way to do this. Unfortunately the "Audio To" options at the foot of each track are not mapable, but maybe some of you have a way to do this or other suggestions.

I think it would be really useful to be able to map the Audio Outputs of each track. I could then toggle between say "Master" and "Sends Only" at the push of a button or turn of a dial.

A simple example why would be if I were sending a kit to a simple reverb in a return track. Obviously when set to Master, we hear the original signal and the reverb too. But sometimes I only want to hear the reverb, so I need to change to Sends Only. But then later on I want to hear the original signal too.

In fact I may want to Macro this mapping so that I can apply this to multiple tracks at the same time.
(I would be reducing the volume of the track/s in question to zero via fader before changing the routing)

All suggestions received with muchos appreciation!! :)
Thanks
Hi,
You could set all your tracks to send only and create one return chanel which is feeded with the dry signal (return act like master than) and than you can map your send parameters as you want - turn it off/on during recording.

Anothe way would be, to use a max4live patch.
good luck!

soularpower

Post by soularpower » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:42 pm

Thanks Francis I shall try both of these and see which works better!
Still would be good if Ableton allowed us to map the outputs :) !!

mike_o

Post by mike_o » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:05 pm

Channel 1 is your drum kit, with no audio output destination.

setup 2 more channels, set the audio input from your drum instrument, set each channels audio output destination to sends only and Master.

See photo.

Edit: I tried posting a photo put the ouput routing setup but It wont show up.

http://s28.postimg.org/do1vzylwt/Ableton_Screen.png

then you have a volume and mute control for master output and sends separately.

soularpower

Post by soularpower » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:56 am

That's a really innovative work around Mike!! Thanks. It's quite similar to adding an empty send. I'll try this one out as well and see what works best for the dream template my musical accomplice and I are constructing at the moment :)