Volume always turned higher than default when dragging audio

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
drum infected

Volume always turned higher than default when dragging audio

Post by drum infected » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:34 am

Hello community,

I'm in need of a little help because I can't seem to find a solution. When I drag a audio file to the drum rack, in the simpler the volume is at -5.06 and I just want it as the default at -12, so every time I drag a sample I have to select revert to default. I know I could also do all the dragging and then copy to siblings, but I just want it to be back at default like normal, but can't seem to do it. I also tried the Saved as default preset with correct setting, but as soon as I try and drag a sample over to drum rack I get thee ole -5.06 so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again and hope to pay it forward as usual.

chrk

Re: Volume always turned higher than default when dragging audio

Post by chrk » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:35 am

drum infected wrote:I also tried the Saved as default preset with correct setting, but as soon as I try and drag a sample over to drum rack I get thee ole -5.06 so any help is greatly appreciated.
There's more to Default Presets than the Save As Default option.
To specify how Live behaves when dragging a sample to a Drum Rack or the Device View of a MIDI track:

Create an empty Simpler or Sampler
Adjust the parameters as you like
Drag the edited device to the “On Drum Rack“ or “On Device View“ folder, which can be found in the Defaults/Dropping Samples folders in your User Library. Drum Rack pad defaults can also be saved via a right-click(PC) / CTRL-click(Mac) context menu option on a Drum Rack’s pad

drum infected

Post by drum infected » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:27 am

To specify how Live behaves when dragging a sample to a Drum Rack or the Device View of a MIDI track:

Drag the edited device to the “On Drum Rack“ or “On Device View“ folder, which can be found in the Defaults/Dropping Samples folders in your User Library. Drum Rack pad defaults can also be saved via a right-click(PC) / CTRL-click(Mac) context menu option on a Drum Rack’s pad
[/quote]

Thanks chrk for helping a fellow out. I never knew about the dropping samples folder in user library. I seen there was a preset in there I had made (prolly by mistake awhile back) and sure enough it had the volume setting at that -5.06. So I solved my issue and learned some important things here and again, thanks for that.

cotdagoo

Post by cotdagoo » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:27 pm

chrk wrote:
drum infected wrote:I also tried the Saved as default preset with correct setting, but as soon as I try and drag a sample over to drum rack I get thee ole -5.06 so any help is greatly appreciated.
There's more to Default Presets than the Save As Default option.

Any ideas for saving/loading defaults when dragging a VST from the browser to a new midi track?

My MIDI Track defaults (volume -12db, midi on ch3 only and eq preloaded) are never used when dragging in a VST.. so if say all my tracks are set to -12db any VST I load from the browser is 0db, doesn't have my eq preloaded, and my midi input channel settings are ignored as well.