How to play all of 1 scene before starting a different one?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
SteelDreamin

How to play all of 1 scene before starting a different one?

Post by SteelDreamin » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:59 pm

In Session View - let's say I have 5 scenes set up containing various clips. I have all my follow actions set up and everything is working great, playing in the proper order.

However if I am in the middle of my piece and I use my foot controller to select and start a different scene it starts that scene on the downbeat of the next measure. Is there a way to tell Ableton to start the selected scene after completing all of the previous scene or is it always going to start it at the beginning of the next measure?

yur2die4

Re: How to play all of 1 scene before starting a different one?

Post by yur2die4 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:05 am

If all clips are set to 'Global' for trigger quantization, they will be triggered based on the Global Quantization (top of screen, says 1 Bar).

You can set it to longer periods, but you have to be careful your clips aren't any surprise lengths then.

Steve Glen

Post by Steve Glen » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:53 pm

yeah but you can hotkey the global quantize length

SteelDreamin

Post by SteelDreamin » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:20 pm

Thanks for the replies! I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "hotkey" the global quantize length. I played around with the Quantization settings and have a pretty good grasp of how it works but I can't really find a setting that does exactly what I want.

Thanks again!