Connecting Bass Station 2 with Ableton

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
P4D3X

Connecting Bass Station 2 with Ableton

Post by P4D3X » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:09 pm

Hello everyone

I just bought the Bass Station 2 (first synthesizer) today, without getting information about usage with ableton 9. I have to say, that i´m reaally new in producing music.

So here are my questions?

1. Is it possible to hear the sounds played on the Bass Station "freestyle" (like with the headphones plugged in directly) while connected with my laptop (via USB)?

2. Is it possible to create midi clips with the sounds and "notes" of the bass station? (like with a ableton push)? If not, which other ways are there?

3. If its possible, how do I have to do it?

4. How do I record audios from the Bass Station into ableton?

I hope you can help me. Maybe theres a guide for absolut beginners?

Thanks every one and sorry for my bad english :)

Greets

serge_a_storms

Re: Connecting Bass Station 2 with Ableton

Post by serge_a_storms » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:26 am

Hi,

You probably need to go through the tutorials that come with live. It'll help you understand how it works.

You don't mention if you have an audio interface? If the Bass Station is only transmitting midi over the usb connection (I don't own one), you will need an audio interface to get the sound into live. This will literally be the audio out of the bass station going into the the interface.

You will then be able to play the bass station keyboard and the sound will going to live. Arm an audio channel and record the audio.

If you create a midi channel and route it to the midi out on the audio interface you will be able to send midi data to the bass station.

I hope that helps in some way.
MacBook Pro i7 16gb RAM, OSX 10.11.2, Live 9.7

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Instagram