64mn DeepDubHouse Live Set- All original tracks

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
xuoham

Post by xuoham » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:53 am

Yeah, Clearscreen, the horrible truth: it's a tobacco sunburst...
I traded in this jewel in 1990 to a friend for a... Akai S1000! When you think anout it 15 years later, this sounds incredible, doesn't it. At this time the S1000 had such
a rep... for a short time. I bought an EPS 16+ instead and it sounded so much better! The friend is still a friend, but of course he regrets a lot his bad idea!
This piece of wood is not in a mint condition and in 1996, during an impro with a DJ friend of mine, one of his monitors fell on the head of the guitar: big crack on it, that i never got fixed; it's just not moving further! Incredible... all the more that i use a pretty heavy gauge on the bass string: 62 tuned in D. Usually, any stuff built in the 60's is just so awesome in terms of durability.
But hey, Guild is absolutely fantastic as well! I think jazz guitars in general are among the coolest objects ever...

xuoham

Post by xuoham » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:00 am

tomperson wrote:Is there a way to download the set instead of listening online?
Should be on Limewire or other P2P...
Hey Tomperson, how is it in Montevideo? And the electronic scene in Uruguay?

Clearscreen

Post by Clearscreen » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:12 am

it's official - hatred! i can remember when 60's & 70's 335's were going for about a grand here in australia - absolute peanuts!
the best sounding guitar i have is a 70's ibanez 175 knock off that i got for $600 aust. (about $400 US now. back then maybe $300). i've seen the exact same thing around for over $1500 aus second hand now, and it always brings a smile to my face.
you don't play lap steel do you? i've seen this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 43944&rd=1
and i'm thinking about trying to build one. doesn't look that hard, but... well... i ain't exactly handy.
Hp Elitebook 2.8Ghz. Live 7.0.14 & Live 8.1.5, XP Pro. and stuff...

xuoham

Post by xuoham » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:47 am

Clearscreen,
Is there a way to check your music? Do you use guitar in any way as a sound source? I mean with your computer...
Thanks

tomperson

Post by tomperson » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:01 pm

Hey my man! How are you doing? Uruguay is a small 3.5 million people country right between the two "bigs" of South America, Argentina and Brasil. Because of that, the scene is rather small. In the 90s, Punta del Este used to be a huge clubbing spot, like the Ibiza of South America, but due to the economical crisis this has somewhat changed.

Nevertheless, we have a big influence by the Argentinean scene, Buenos Aires is like the capital city of electronic music of South America, and it's 30 minutes away from Montevideo by plane.

And the girls here are nice!!! :wink:
Turn up the radio. Turn up the tape machine. Look into the sunset up ahead. Roll the windows down for a better taste of the cool desert wind. Ah yes. This is what it's all about. Total control now.

sp0bjogu

Post by sp0bjogu » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:25 pm

Really, really cool stuff! Is ColorBeads Session pt. 1 & 2 released on CD? If so, where can we buy it? Or is there FLAC/WAV versions anywhere to be downloaded/ordered online?

Now, promise you'll get Live 5 when it's released and give us some more!

Peace.
/sp0

anarchicluv

Post by anarchicluv » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:44 pm

Damn dude, great stuff! I'm almost all the way through Pt. 1 and I'm diggin it! I'm listening to it on some really shitty speakers I have at work in my cube, so I can't really hear the bass frequencies all that well, but I really dig it so far. Love the geetar work in there too!

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:54 pm

Try this, pc users;
Start the files streaming in hi-fi from winamp.

Double-click the info box in winamp - the first thing you see is a link ;)

Copy that link into your browser/download prog. - this will give you a 128k .mp3

-oh, and this music is very very very nice! Thanks for the link!
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

xuoham

Post by xuoham » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:21 am

sp0bjogu, anarchicluv, Machinate, thank you guys for this feedback! It really makes my day!

It's not available on CD yet, but thanks to Soundclick and Ableton forum, i got some good contacts with house labels (UK, Germany, France, Japan), so i hope it will be out some day soon!

... and sorry to the community for bringing baaack again this self-centered post on top of the forum page! ... all the more that i barely contribute to the forum otherwise...
...hit me with your (rythm) sticks!... OUCH!!!!... well deserved...hahaha!

futureproof

Post by futureproof » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:47 am

very cool stuff paul! I dig it :)

BTW, thanks for the kind words on the auditorium.
"THE biggest differences between Live 3 & 4 are the things that Live 4 have that are missing in Live 3"

-some dude on KVR.

Clearscreen

Post by Clearscreen » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:31 am

Clearscreen,
Is there a way to check your music? Do you use guitar in any way as a sound source? I mean with your computer...
Thanks
sorry didn't reply, got a bit too excited with the 5 beta i think! (and maybe reaktor 5 too...)
haven't used guitar too much (except for some dodgy corporate promo work). to be honest i don't play em a lot anymore, but after hearing some of your stuff i've been messing about with some slide guitar samples i made and running it through some weird (granular etc) effects in reaktor 5.
i'm thinking about building a lap steel and having a crack at some fennesz type sounds.... maybe....
Hp Elitebook 2.8Ghz. Live 7.0.14 & Live 8.1.5, XP Pro. and stuff...

supster

Post by supster » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:58 am

wow, really amazing man. love it!

couple of things:

- you are not shopping any of this for sale, why exactly? or are you?

- will you be releasing DJ ready versions of any of these tracks? because i would like to mix them :)

and if you are looking to get wider distribution (even if its free) let me know - i know a couple of labels who would probably jump at the chance to put you on thier roster and distribute these tracks to a much wider audience

- if you're still going to be distributing this for free, i totally suggest doing a 192k MP3 format to accomodate people. i liked it enough that i went out of my way to stream it and capture it in quintessential ...

... but it is a good policy to assume that most people are extremely lazy and you practically have to drop it in thier lap to get them to hear it, let alone download it for later listening ;)
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com