Compression as Distortion?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
penguinpajamas

Re: Compression as Distortion?

Post by penguinpajamas » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:24 pm

Inversoundzzz wrote:
Stromkraft wrote:By the way, the current April issue (CM228) has "Distortion Secrets" as theme.
sweet linnk cool

i just looked for midi LFOs on the Max4L community bu i think i want to make my own , is it hard....? :?:
So...does that have anything to do with this thread?

penguinpajamas

Post by penguinpajamas » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:26 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
Inversoundzzz wrote:
Stromkraft wrote: If you own a Max license you can always start out with devices that exist (or go 30 days with the demo).
i thought if i owned Live Suite that I own Max too no?
Max For Live, not Max. Max is installed as is, but to develop yourself or make certain kinds of changes to existing devices you need a full license. I'm not familiar with the details as I also only have Live Suite. in Live you can use Max devices as they are fully as any other device or plug-in.
Also, this isn't true. With Max for Live you can develop your own devices and modify others' devices to your heart's content.

But seriously, this has nothing at all to do with my thread.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:42 pm

penguinpajamas wrote:
Inversoundzzz wrote:
Stromkraft wrote:By the way, the current April issue (CM228) has "Distortion Secrets" as theme.
sweet linnk cool

i just looked for midi LFOs on the Max4L community bu i think i want to make my own , is it hard....? :?:
So...does that have anything to do with this thread?
Yes, though not directly.
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:48 pm

penguinpajamas wrote: Also, this isn't true. With Max for Live you can develop your own devices and modify others' devices to your heart's content.
You can PM me an instruction on how to do this. I believe I'm right.
penguinpajamas wrote: But seriously, this has nothing at all to do with my thread.
I just answered a question that came up in the aftermath. I guess it came up for a reason.

While I agree with you that threads should be kept to the subject matter at hand you should still realize you don't own a thread just because you started it. The answers are not only for the OP. It's a discussion.

One way to remedy sidetracking is to bring the discussion back to the main subject matter.
Make some music!

NoSonic822

Post by NoSonic822 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:30 am

Stromkraft wrote:
Inversoundzzz wrote:
Stromkraft wrote: If you own a Max license you can always start out with devices that exist (or go 30 days with the demo).
i thought if i owned Live Suite that I own Max too no?
Max For Live, not Max. Max is installed as is, but to develop yourself or make certain kinds of changes to existing devices you need a full license. I'm not familiar with the details as I also only have Live Suite. in Live Suite or if you get it separately for Standard you can use Max devices fully as they are as any other device or plug-in.
woah its 400$ dang....lel.....i guess it seems likes you can edit an existing device though in M4L, i want to try editing the M4L midi lfo ....i guess. thanks.
penguinpajamas wrote:
Also, this isn't true. With Max for Live you can develop your own devices and modify others' devices to your heart's content.
hmm yea, idk, tried running max on its own...and it says its in demo mode..and i have to buy a license if i want to save things.......but that is different than M4L....M4L runs in Live...and M4L patches are different than Max patches I think...like M4L patches are creatable in Live I think...need to try some experiments.

in regards to being offtopic...we already both answered your thread...with both very relevant responses...and even a link provided by Stromkraft.......relax penguin :oops: sorry for being offtopic, i apologize

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:37 am

creating and editing Max for Live patches does not require a Max standalone license. you just need a Max for Live license, which you can buy separately if you do not have Live Suite...