Audio crackles when monitoring/recording external input

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nectarios

Audio crackles when monitoring/recording external input

Post by nectarios » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:11 pm

I recently bought the full suite with Push 2.

I am having a few issues with 9.6 and want to focus on the most annoying one, being the audio crackles I get at random times when I monitor and record external synths.

This happens even in a blank projet and unfortunately they are recorded and this has been runing recordings over the past few days.
When this happens the CPU remains low and nothing spikes.

This is a Live specific problem and does not appear when using Logic X. But I don't want to use Logic X.

I am in touch with tech support and they've been helpful once we got past the basic set up questions, but they haven't resolved the issue over the past few weeks.

Buffer size is 512, running Live 9.6 on Yosemite i7 Macbook Pro with 8gigs of RAM, SSD drive. Using a Mytek 96ADC to record and Focusrite Saffire to play back.

Anyone has recent experiences and knows how to sort this out? I have been told to "trace the actual HAL in-between, to see if there are issues" with audio driver but I bought a mac cause I have no idea how to and don't want deal with these sort of things.

Thanks in advance.

Nectarios.

ninja8618

Re: Audio crackles when monitoring/recording external input

Post by ninja8618 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:28 am

what audio driver are you using? asio4all?

nectarios

Post by nectarios » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:20 am

Core audio, OS is Yosemite, using a Mytek ADC96 that is connected on my MacBook Pro's onboard input via optical cable.

I've reset PRAM and created a new account as suggested by support but the problem remains. It's actually worse now, crackles happen more often.

This is doing my head in.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:34 pm

nectarios wrote:
Buffer size is 512, running Live 9.6 on Yosemite i7 Macbook Pro with 8gigs of RAM, SSD drive. Using a Mytek 96ADC to record and Focusrite Saffire to play back.
Have you tried using just one of these?
Make some music!