Is it possible to....

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Slickie

Is it possible to....

Post by Slickie » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:30 pm

overdub tweaks (via midi) on a track with midi notes was recorded in from an external synth.

Heres what i want to do. I have a waldorf synth. I would like to record a track via midi into Live with it- but I just want to basically record the notes the first time around- then I want to go over the same track and record myself tweaking the lfo or filter and have it record that midi data along side the note data - I guess on the same track if possible without erasing the note data. Does this make sense. Is it possible??

this can be done in reason with reasons synths but Im not sure if it is limited to soft synths

thanks

Orbit-50

Is it possible to....

Post by Orbit-50 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:40 am

Hopefully Smutek will not see this thread, because he would come down on you like a ton of bricks! Yes, it is possible. It actually gets better than possible. If you record into a looping clip, you can record new controller messages with each pass! All this without erasing one single note! It's all there in your manual.

...........................................................................................................
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWs and plugins.

Slickie

Post by Slickie » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:48 am

awesommmmmmmmeeeee!!!!! :D :D :D
thats just what I wanted to hear.
pardon my ignorance guys...Im just using the demo right now so I dont have a manual....but I will real soon. :P

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:52 am

the demo comes with a .pdf manual.