magnifying glass shortcut and play from selection

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
vudoo

magnifying glass shortcut and play from selection

Post by vudoo » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:52 pm

1- Normally one has to go all the way up to the ruler to get the magnifying glass for zooming. Is the a shortcut or key press that will give you the magnifying glasses no matter where you are in the sample editor ?

2- How can i start playback from my selection in the sample editor ?

Thx

BobSubgenius

Re: magnifying glass shortcut and play from selection

Post by BobSubgenius » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:11 pm

1- "+" and "-" key zoom in and out
2- Not sure what you mean exactly. Playback will start from where you have placed the orange line. You can click above the waveform until your cursor turns into a speaker symbol-playback will start from there. Spacebar starts from the orange line, shift-space starts from where you stopped the playback.

vudoo

Post by vudoo » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:33 am

BobSubgenius wrote:1- "+" and "-" key zoom in and out
2- Not sure what you mean exactly. Playback will start from where you have placed the orange line. You can click above the waveform until your cursor turns into a speaker symbol-playback will start from there. Spacebar starts from the orange line, shift-space starts from where you stopped the playback.
1-No i'm not talking about the "+" and "-" key zoom, i'm talking about the magnifying glass, is there a way to have it anywhere within the sample editor ? Normally one has to go up to the ruler to obtain it.

2-Go to session view, double click on an audio clip, now you see it appears in the sample editor below, click in the sample editor and drag to the right to make a selection, now how do i playback from the beginning of this selection ?

3- The orange line playback start work in the arrangement view but under session view it always start playback d=from the beginning of the loop...any way to make it start from the orange line ?

BobSubgenius

Post by BobSubgenius » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:25 am

+ and - also work in the sample editor. not as smooth as the magnifying glass but does the job. magnification is always centered at the orange line. as far as i know there is no key shortcut for the magnifying glass (though that would be a great feature...)

it is not possible to start from the beginning of a selection in the sample editor. as a workaround, make a selection, then press cmd L to select it as a loop. that will move the start-marker to the beginning of the selection and you can start by pressing the spacebar.