drum rack - return track - send

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
derf07

drum rack - return track - send

Post by derf07 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:59 pm

hello. We can create return tracks in drum rack. Every track possesses a send. It is grey. To what is it of use ?
Thank you.

derf07

Re: drum rack - return track - send

Post by derf07 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:22 pm

Thank you. It is difficult for me explaind my problem. I don't speak english.
I don't understand what is the sends (which are grey) that we can see in effects tracks install in the drum rack (not the sends which are in the tracks of the instruments simpler).Where are the signals of these effects tracks are managed?

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:10 pm

derf07 wrote:Thank you. It is difficult for me explaind my problem. I don't speak english.
I don't understand what is the sends (which are grey) that we can see in effects tracks install in the drum rack (not the sends which are in the tracks of the instruments simpler).Where are the signals of these effects tracks are managed?
They're managed inside the drum rack and a send on a rack chain, which is the same as a pad in a drum rack, is sent to any internal return effects inside the rack or alternatively the send signal can be forwarded to the regular returns.

Here's a video by Rob Jones demonstrating the concepts. Maybe easier than words for you?
Using Sends in Drum Racks - Tutorial from Rob Jones
Last edited by Stromkraft on Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make some music!

derf07

Post by derf07 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:25 am

Thank you Stromkraft.It is much easier; but this is a monitoring of Live complexe.