Drum Racks Kick Drum Laying issue.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Stromkraft

Re: Drum Racks Kick Drum Laying issue.

Post by Stromkraft » Sun May 15, 2016 10:03 pm

seigethebeast wrote:My question was really figuring out why the first kick is different from the rest when layering, using Drum Racks. Hope this issue is resolved soon..
This is a long standing thing that I recognise and it won't likely be resolved unless you or someone else present Ableton with a reproducible case. One explanation could be that you have something dynamic in one of the layers that is actually not the same on every beat.

It'd be good if you shared a project with all of us to investigate. Maybe with Live sound source and freeware, though I suspect some will have Komplete as well.
Make some music!

seigethebeast

Post by seigethebeast » Mon May 16, 2016 4:26 am

Stromkraft wrote:
seigethebeast wrote:My question was really figuring out why the first kick is different from the rest when layering, using Drum Racks. Hope this issue is resolved soon..
This is a long standing thing that I recognise and it won't likely be resolved unless you or someone else present Ableton with a reproducible case. One explanation could be that you have something dynamic in one of the layers that is actually not the same on every beat.

It'd be good if you shared a project with all of us to investigate. Maybe with Live sound source and freeware, though I suspect some will have Komplete as well.
Ive created a different video and sent that to Ableton. But nothing as of yet. sucks.. I wanna enjoy drum racks with Push 2 but its not going to happen the way I like until this issue is resolved..

Hauke

Post by Hauke » Wed May 18, 2016 12:32 am

All I can say that it works fine here. Have you tried layering different kicks?

kimyoungs

Post by kimyoungs » Mon May 18, 2020 1:39 am

even in 2020, still this problem happen.

If the notes play faster than one of kick sample length, the tone changed.