Pad and synthetic choir sounds

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
gorgorsan

Pad and synthetic choir sounds

Post by gorgorsan » Sat May 07, 2016 10:00 am

Hi, I just bought Live 9 Suite and since there is so much content available to download form my account I would appreciate if someone can point me to the packs or Max for Live instruments that cover pads and synthetic choirs. For pure realistic choirs I will of course purchase beautifully sounding Olympus Elements symphonic choir :wink:

Thanks!

TenSquare

Re: Pad and synthetic choir sounds

Post by TenSquare » Sat May 07, 2016 7:17 pm

gorgorsan wrote:Hi, I just bought Live 9 Suite and since there is so much content available to download form my account I would appreciate if someone can point me to the packs or Max for Live instruments that cover pads and synthetic choirs. For pure realistic choirs I will of course purchase beautifully sounding Olympus Elements symphonic choir :wink:

Thanks!
Hello mate!

E-MU II "FairVoice" sound is my favourite! I've sampled these sounds some years ago when I had the chance to borrow an E-MU II from a friend of mine for a couple of days.

Sound quality is quite good I think. When I recorded these sounds, I tried to make the perceived volume rather constant for all the notes. I set up E-MU's filter's cutoff frequency to maximum and resonance to minium. The tempo I used was 60 BPM, and I put one note on every bar to make future slicing a bit easier...

Then, if you open my WAV sample in Ableton Live and slice it to a new MIDI track creating one slice per bar, you will get a Drum Rack containing one note per slot, well cut very quickly! :D

Hope you'll like it!

All the best from France.

Guillaume

gorgorsan

Post by gorgorsan » Thu May 12, 2016 11:52 pm

TenSquare wrote:
gorgorsan wrote:Hi, I just bought Live 9 Suite and since there is so much content available to download form my account I would appreciate if someone can point me to the packs or Max for Live instruments that cover pads and synthetic choirs. For pure realistic choirs I will of course purchase beautifully sounding Olympus Elements symphonic choir :wink:

Thanks!
Hello mate!

E-MU II "FairVoice" sound is my favourite! I've sampled these sounds some years ago when I had the chance to borrow an E-MU II from a friend of mine for a couple of days.

Sound quality is quite good I think. When I recorded these sounds, I tried to make the perceived volume rather constant for all the notes. I set up E-MU's filter's cutoff frequency to maximum and resonance to minium. The tempo I used was 60 BPM, and I put one note on every bar to make future slicing a bit easier...

Then, if you open my WAV sample in Ableton Live and slice it to a new MIDI track creating one slice per bar, you will get a Drum Rack containing one note per slot, well cut very quickly! :D

Hope you'll like it!

Guillaume
Guillaume, thanks so much for sharing! It indeed sounds awesome! If you don't mind me asking, what the recording chain looked like? Btw, I also checked your stuff at soundcloud and it is great, keep on rocking mate 8)

TenSquare

Post by TenSquare » Fri May 13, 2016 5:09 pm

gorgorsan wrote:Guillaume, thanks so much for sharing! It indeed sounds awesome! If you don't mind me asking, what the recording chain looked like? Btw, I also checked your stuff at soundcloud and it is great, keep on rocking mate 8)
Hello! I'm really happy you appreciated those samples! They sound fantastic! :D

When I did the recording, I actually tried to keep things as simple as possible: the E-MU II audio output was directly connected to my audio interface (an M-Audio FireWire 410 if I remember well, I've changed it since that time). My DAW was Cubase SX3 or Ableton Live 4 or 5, I don't remember well. Gosh! Time is passing so fast! :?

There were no hardware effects nor plug-ins used in the recording chain, even though I've been tempted to do so.... There was only some fine gain staging in the audio interface, in order to get enough audio signal amplitude.

Et voilà! :mrgreen:

Thank you for your positive feedback about my productions you've listened on SoundCloud. It's a shame I don't have much time anymore to compose music, I really miss it... Maybe you can post a link so that I have a listen to yours? :P

Guillaume

gorgorsan

Post by gorgorsan » Thu May 19, 2016 10:39 pm

TenSquare wrote:
gorgorsan wrote:Guillaume, thanks so much for sharing! It indeed sounds awesome! If you don't mind me asking, what the recording chain looked like? Btw, I also checked your stuff at soundcloud and it is great, keep on rocking mate 8)
Hello! I'm really happy you appreciated those samples! They sound fantastic! :D

When I did the recording, I actually tried to keep things as simple as possible: the E-MU II audio output was directly connected to my audio interface (an M-Audio FireWire 410 if I remember well, I've changed it since that time). My DAW was Cubase SX3 or Ableton Live 4 or 5, I don't remember well. Gosh! Time is passing so fast! :?

There were no hardware effects nor plug-ins used in the recording chain, even though I've been tempted to do so.... There was only some fine gain staging in the audio interface, in order to get enough audio signal amplitude.

Et voilà! :mrgreen:

Thank you for your positive feedback about my productions you've listened on SoundCloud. It's a shame I don't have much time anymore to compose music, I really miss it... Maybe you can post a link so that I have a listen to yours? :P

Guillaume
Hey man! Thanks for the info, I hope you find some time for making music and as far as myself, I don't have anything finished yet but thanks for the interest. Take care

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Thu May 19, 2016 11:28 pm

gorgorsan wrote:pads and synthetic choirs. For pure realistic choirs I will of course purchase beautifully sounding Olympus Elements symphonic choir :wink:
You might want to process the Olympus Symphonic using various Live 9 included processors, such as the vocoder, corpus and the combination with something like the erosion, autofilter, saturator, frequency shifter, etc. But for a specialized purpose, I just recently got the iZotope Vocalsynth and it's rock for anything synthetic. You can easily turn the Olympus Elements Symphonic Choir into a synthetic pad or choir. Event something like the Vocal Synth pack. With the plugin, you might want to try the included choir too or even your own voice.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Shift Gorden

Post by Shift Gorden » Thu May 19, 2016 11:52 pm

Hey mate - not a Max For Live or Ableton pack, but check out Output's Exhale - it's a vocal synthesizer and it's sounds absolutely gorgeous. Check it out on YouTube.

It's one of my favorite plugins ever.

gorgorsan

Post by gorgorsan » Sat May 21, 2016 12:04 am

Thanks guys for the suggestions :wink: