Is anyone having issues with Soundtoys in Live 9.6?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
musikmachine

Is anyone having issues with Soundtoys in Live 9.6?

Post by musikmachine » Wed May 11, 2016 12:14 am

I read of a crash issue with 9.2.3 but since i've been using them more i've been getting frequent CTDs, particularly when changing parameters on echoboy. Win10, 64bit and i'm running in Win8 compatibility mode for a couple of plugins.

Just wondering if anyone else is as i'm not sure if it's ST or something is else going on, i've been getting noise bursts and being muted on my perc group until i disable a single tracks and disabling EQ8 caused the audio to work again!!! 8O

Just updated to 9.6.1 so will see how it goes tomorrow.

aschneider

Re: Is anyone having issues with Soundtoys in Live 9.6?

Post by aschneider » Wed May 11, 2016 1:08 am

Hi,

Soundtoys V5.0.1.10839 release is working as intended with Live 9 64 Bit under Windows 10. Windows 8 compatibility mode is not needed anymore and could be the cause of your unintended audio events.

I'd be glad to help you reproduce your issue here, in any case.

crystalmsc

Post by crystalmsc » Wed May 11, 2016 4:23 am

Never had any problem, running well on 9.6.1
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Wed May 11, 2016 1:44 pm

Panclasta wrote:Hi,

Soundtoys V5.0.1.10839 release is working as intended with Live 9 64 Bit under Windows 10. Windows 8 compatibility mode is not needed anymore and could be the cause of your unintended audio events.

I'd be glad to help you reproduce your issue here, in any case.
Thanks, i guess your ST support? I disabled it and Live is now about 5x faster slicing to midi than it was previously; all the typical stuff like moving tracks and adding devices was slow but i thought it was my project as it had about 45 tracks and using most of my RAM. Live is basically a lot more responsive, surprised that compat mode would cause such issues but i'll see if it was the overall cause.

Happy anyway, Live has been running like crap the past few days. :)

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Thu May 12, 2016 5:19 pm

Live's opening faster and a lot more responsive but if anything the crashes are worse! :?

I tried a few different projects that were fine before and removing the softube plugins that needed compatibility mode to be enabled to no avail so i'm gonna contact support, just intalled the beta to eliminate Live 9.6.1 being the cause.

Major PITA! :(

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Thu May 12, 2016 5:50 pm

I'm using the latest Soundtoys with LIve 9.6 without any issues....
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Thu May 12, 2016 8:13 pm

It's my soundcard, has been flaky in the past but never this bad. Defo time to upgrade as the noise bursts have hurt my ear a bit so i'm gonna get something with monitor controls built in. Cheers!

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Fri May 13, 2016 5:09 pm

No it's not, flipping heck never had an issues like this before, there's no build up just a massive noise blast so i have to work at very low volume, even then it shits me up. 8O

I can't think at all what's causing it, changed interface and Live versions, different projects and removing plugins i know have issues. Any ideas about potential causes or tests i can do anyone? I've emailed support but may not get a reply till next week.