Sample to FM synths? Expanded to Resynthesis

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Stromkraft

Re: Sample to FM synths? Expanded to Resynthesis

Post by Stromkraft » Wed May 25, 2016 11:47 pm

Stromkraft wrote:BTW, Arturia just released a software Synclavier. Without resynthesis for now it seems

I assume all of these are without the resynthesis. I see no sign of this functionality, but I'll ask.
This is what Synclavier said:
"Yes, the Arturia Synclavier® V does the resynthesis playback perfectly. They chose to call it "Time Slices" since that is a more modern term.

The Time Slices are constructed by hand; there is no equivalent of the original NED "Analysis" program that examined a sound file and made some timbre frames that sounded like it (sort of)"
If I had more time I'd test drive this one just for curiosity.
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:31 pm

Stromkraft wrote:Harmor seems interesting for instance.
The same company Image-Line also has the even more interesting Morphine.
Morphine is a powerful Additive Synthesizer with a logical, flexible architecture that allows you to create any sound. You can do this directly by adjusting harmonics manually or by taking any input sample and resynthesizing it into one of 4 independent voices.
[my bold)

Here's a youtube video describing this process: Morphine - Resynthesis.
Make some music!

annadyne

Post by annadyne » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:41 am

FWIW - Waldorf Blofeld lets you FM one sample against another. Any sample that you have loaded into the unit, not just a wavetable :-)
8)

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:49 am

annadyne wrote:FWIW - Waldorf Blofeld lets you FM one sample against another. Any sample that you have loaded into the unit, not just a wavetable :-)
8)
Yeah, that's expanding the topic even more. I think you mean that you can frequency modulate one sample with another? This is probably an interesting feature of this Hardware synth. I've been eyeing Waldorf offerings for decades, but never got anything.

My focus for this discussion has been resynthesis, from the beginning with FM and later with other techniques like Additive Synthesis.
Make some music!

annadyne

Post by annadyne » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:27 pm

Stromkraft - on the Blofeld - yes - Frequency Modulate one sample against another. I've done it in mine. The Oscs let you select a sample instead of wavetable but still do Freq Mod. Powerful little box.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:32 pm

Are they still charging extra for the sample loading ability, or is that included now? How much sample time does the Blofeld have?
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
InnerPortalStudio.com - Professional Audio Mastering