Import Melodyne 4 Tempo Map MIDI File

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
aspsa

Import Melodyne 4 Tempo Map MIDI File

Post by aspsa » Sun May 29, 2016 10:19 pm

I am using Melodyne 4 Studio to detect tempo fluctuations in live-recorded audio files, and for the most part it works quite well. Melodyne 4 Studio includes a capability for exporting the detected tempo map to a MIDI file, and I would like to import that file into Ableton Live v9.6.1, Build: Mar 24, 2016. Unfortunately, I am unable to drag and drop the MIDI file into Live; it will not accept it.

After searching around a bit, I was unable to determine the cause of this problem. I've imported MIDI files into Live before without an issue, although those files contained MIDI note data. What is preventing Live from executing this import? Is it that Live is unable to import MIDI tempo map data? Is it that Live only can read MIDI File Format 0 (single MIDI track) and not MIDI File Format 1 (multiple MIDI tracks), or vice versa? Could it be some other issue I overlooked?

Frankly, I'm stumped. Your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.

diegux

Re: Import Melodyne 4 Tempo Map MIDI File

Post by diegux » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:02 pm

Bump.

cfr

Post by cfr » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:25 pm

In the past I've had to import multitrack midi files into reaper or some other daw and then save each track individually so I could open it into ableton. It's a pain but luckily I don't make songs with too many tracks. I was also hoping to tempo map with melodyne but I haven't tried it yet...

Grichu

Post by Grichu » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:05 am

bump