Elektron Analog Four Questions

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
penguinpajamas

Elektron Analog Four Questions

Post by penguinpajamas » Mon May 30, 2016 1:17 am

Hey guys! So I just recently purchased an Elektron Analog Four and, as impressed as I am with the synth, it's left me pretty confused in a lot of areas.

If anyone's had much experience with this synth, please let me know because I'd love to bounce some questions off of you.

Thanks!

ark

Re: Elektron Analog Four Questions

Post by ark » Tue May 31, 2016 3:39 pm

You would probably be better off discussing Elektron gear on http://elektronauts.com

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Tue May 31, 2016 4:05 pm

ark wrote:You would probably be better off discussing Elektron gear on http://elektronauts.com
It doesn't look like you can sign up since March. I tried and the form had a greyed out send button. Just last week a post from March said sign ups were offline.
Last edited by Stromkraft on Tue May 31, 2016 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make some music!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue May 31, 2016 5:17 pm

Try again, they launched a totally new forum the last couple of days, registration should be open.
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Tue May 31, 2016 6:18 pm

Tarekith wrote:Try again, they launched a totally new forum the last couple of days, registration should be open.
In Safari it doesn't. Will try Firefox later.
Make some music!

ark

Post by ark » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:04 am

tylenol

Post by tylenol » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:29 pm

I'm hardly an expert on the elektron workflow but I have an analog rytm and there are a lot of similarities across devices. What I know I've mostly learned from watching videos and reading on elektronauts; I'd recommend just watching everything you can find on youtube, even a few about other elektron devices. I also once got a fantastic octatrack demo/tutorial in a good shop (the moog audio shop in Toronto, I really wish I lived near that place) so if you have anything like that nearby you could try seeing of they have any salespeople who know something (but obviously be sensitive to the fact that any shop like that would like to sell you stuff and probably has a fairly thin margin, I don't mean to suggest being exploitative.)

Also, maybe sort of obvious but I'd suggest thinking of it as basically an instrument that you have to practice (like a very complicated piano), which at least for me as a somewhat different perspective than I have on most of my other synths.