Live Instruments rack reseting VST presets! SOS

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
heresthecatch

Live Instruments rack reseting VST presets! SOS

Post by heresthecatch » Tue May 31, 2016 12:19 am

Hello!
My band has a show coming up in a few weeks and we are using arrangement view for our backing tracks. We have a instrument rack with our VST synths that is MIDI chained to certain parts of each song. everything is going well, except for no apparent reason some of the VST synths will change to completely random sounds. when we first open the project it could all go fine, and then on the second run through the synths could be completely random!

The VST's we are using are
Arturia Jupiter
Arturia Mini V

I hope someone has had experience with this problem before and can help! thanks!

jestermgee

Re: Live Instruments rack reseting VST presets! SOS

Post by jestermgee » Tue May 31, 2016 4:04 am

Sounds more like an issue with the VST.

What OS are you on? Do you have the latest versions of the VST in question?

I have created literally thousands of racks for many VST instruments for using Push to browse. Not had this occur as yet.

Seems more like something in the VST is not working correctly. Not a "dodgy version" by any chance?

lovelight

Re: Live Instruments rack reseting VST presets! SOS

Post by lovelight » Tue May 31, 2016 8:33 am

Have you tried after you made the rack and midi chained it, to Group the rack and save it as an instrument, and then collect all if you got samples, and save your song

https://www.facebook.com/AbletonPushVstRacks/