Vst better than AU

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
CWoodOne

Vst better than AU

Post by CWoodOne » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:10 pm

Hi,

Which is better to use for VI's that have both? Thanks!~

sqook

Re: Vst better than AU

Post by sqook » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:46 pm

CWoodOne wrote:Hi,

Supposedly, AU's will run better on a mac. However, much layman testing shows that they use about the same amount of CPU. The short answer is, it doesn't really matter.

Apocrypha

Re: Vst better than AU

Post by Apocrypha » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:25 pm

sqook wrote:
CWoodOne wrote:Hi,

Supposedly, AU's will run better on a mac. However, much layman testing shows that they use about the same amount of CPU. The short answer is, it doesn't really matter.
Sometimes one version of the plug in will be more "buggy" than the other. So if I have a soft synth or audio pluin that is in both VST and AU, I will just use them both and if one has more problems than the other then I will choose to use the one with less problems. :wink: If they both are performing the same, then I don't think it matters at all which one you use.
Dual 2.5gig G5 with 2.5g/ram, DP 4.6, Live 6, Kontakt, Battery, Guitar Rig, EWQLSO Gold, Ivory, Pluggo, Waves, Tritone Digital, PSP, tons of free plug-ins, DFHS, BFD, Event ASP8's, Trigger Finger.....and a bunch of other shite.

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:16 am

If you're in a situation where you might be swapping tracks back and forth between Mac<>PC, stick to using vst. Interesting though that some of the nastier bugs in 5 so far were present in vst versions, but not in their AU brothers.

Maybe it's a sign but my mobile ('cell' for you non-English speakers :wink:) phone is made by a company here called....Au!