Ableton live recognising Kenton USB Solo

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
shadowrangler

Ableton live recognising Kenton USB Solo

Post by shadowrangler » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:05 pm

Hi, I have been using a growing modular set up for a few years and need to incorporate some midi to cv at times using the Kenton USB solo.
Does anyone know if this is possible with LIVE as there is no mention of it in the control surfaces when setting midi up!?

It works instantly with Logic pro and would have thought Ableton would have been ahead of the game on this one.

All suggestions welcome

Thanks

CFM

Re: Ableton live recognising Kenton USB Solo

Post by CFM » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:49 pm

Ableton have never been at the forefront of MIDI implimentation within Live.

As your solo is USB Ableton would need to add it to there list of controllers. They most likely have never heard of the company called Kenton.

I'm sure the pro solo is less used than say the 'Arturia Beat Pro' so only if customers let them know they want it will they create the code as a controller.

I have the midi version of the pro solo but I can see the USB version takes all it midi information from the USB port. I've largely made my solo redundant on my modular system and replaced it with erm multiclock.

The multiclock runs an plugin from Live which controls all my timing.

shadowrangler

Re: Ableton live recognising Kenton USB Solo

Post by shadowrangler » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:43 am

Thanks for the info!
Yeah, I know that the kenton is pretty old tech by now and am moving on to expert sleepers,but had a show tonight and needed to use it. Fortunately i was able to run logic pro x in the back ground.
thanks for your answers though!