Using faders or knobs to select a track?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
malm123

Using faders or knobs to select a track?

Post by malm123 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:49 pm

Hey everyone so I have my faders on my LaunchControl XL mapped to also select the track when i move them (in addition to changing the volume on the track). It is handy because i don't have to map a button to track the select.

The problem is that if the track volume is below -12DB, Ableton dosen't select the track until the fader hits the -12DB marker (about 70% of the way up). This is fine if i am bringing the track in but i want to be able to just tap the fader no matter where it is and have it select the track.

I am wondering if anyone can advise me on how to make it react all the time no matter what the range is? (this could cause problems like ableton crashing if you try to bring in a bunch of tracks at once but i would like to test it)

general comments on this would be appreciated. It is for a live set and the faders are being used to select busses that i have routed everything in the set to. The ability to quickly select the bus is really handy since the ableton push's red "ring" is not affected by the track that the computer has selected if it is in session view.
IMO this would be VERY handy if there was a simple workaround to more easily jump to each bus channel so you can see which effects you are tweaking (one mapping has EQs and the other has turnado FX)