quneo LED question

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
slatepipe

quneo LED question

Post by slatepipe » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:13 am

hi - does anyone use those quneo things?

i posted this question on the quneo forum a few days ago but haven't got any response as yet, so....

i have two presets set up, presets 2 and 3. when i use the pads on preset 2 the leds perform as expected : when i press a pad they light up and go off when i release the pad. i cannot see any difference in the editor settings for the two presets but when i press the pads using preset 3 the leds stay on after i release the pad, which i dont want

i must be missing something obvious but i cannot see what it is.

can anyone help?

cheers

Matt_Quinn

Re: quneo LED question

Post by Matt_Quinn » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:12 pm

I think you have to make sure X/Y Return is 0. From manual:

X/Y Return is the value that X and Y CC#s will return to when the Pad is released. If the number box is set below 0 the values will “latch”, staying where they were left when the pad was released.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:04 pm

ah ok - yeah i got the pads on this preset set to latch. when you take the setting down to 0 it brings up 'latch' in the setting. so that means that's why the pads stay lit? is there any way of changing this as i'd rather only have them lit when i touch them? not staying lit after

not a big deal but it'd make more sense for me

cheers

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:43 pm

Unfortunately, not, as far as I know.

http://forum.keithmcmillen.com/viewtopi ... atch#p4971

by TheSupport@KMI » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:53 pm
Currently there is not a way to have the lights turn off when releasing a latching pad. We programmed it so they'd stay on, representing where the X/Y values were set when you released the pad.

I can add a feature request for this, though.

Almost 3 years later, no action. Quneo is a pretty nice device, but woefully undersupported by KMI, imo. I've never encountered such a snarky/defensive support department either. It's basically just become a plain old drum pad for me.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:18 am

hi - thanks for your reply. i looked at the quneo forum thread you mentioned, i dont know what the hi pitched noise the people are talking about is, so luckily that doesnt apply to me

it would be good to have the option to have the lights go off though.

i looked at the projects page on the mcmillen site to see if anyone had made some sort of midi file to make the leds have certain behaviours. do you know if there is anywhere else which has shared midi files for queno leds? i've tried making my own using the online programming thing as well. i guess i'd need to use max for live to get the leds to interact with pad pressing somehow?

cheers