Loop Editor

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Stromkraft

Loop Editor

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:21 am

I'm interested in Loop Editor 2 Simple Loop Editing Tool for OS X by Audiofile Engineering.

It supports separate sustain and release loops and Sampler has both so I suppose it's supported. I want this mainly to prepare one-cycle samples for Sampler and wavetable files for Z3TA+ 2 and others. It's currently on introductory offer at $29.95. What other options are there out there these days for setting loops?

I suppose I could use Sampler as is, but I find it a bit cumbersome to use for setting loops. So far I've only used Sampler for drum playback, but would like to build my own instruments with it. Maybe I'll pick up setting loops quickly once I get started?
Make some music!

fishmonkey

Re: Loop Editor

Post by fishmonkey » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:04 pm

i am vary wary of Audiofile Engineering apps now as in my experience they don't do a good job of supporting and maintaining their apps.

Audiofile Engineering seems to be a side-business for the devs, and things tend to go in fits and starts...

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:43 pm

fishmonkey wrote:i am vary wary of Audiofile Engineering apps now as in my experience they don't do a good job of supporting and maintaining their apps.

Audiofile Engineering seems to be a side-business for the devs, and things tend to go in fits and starts...
OK, but what are the alternatives you reckon?
Make some music!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:37 pm

I use Triumph and Myriad daily, and for me at least they're very stable and steals for the price. Support has been a little slower lately when it comes to updates, but given all the apps do and how rarely I have issues, it hasn't been a problem for me. I'm a big fan of the Audiofile apps, can't help it :)
Tarekith
Ableton Forum Administrator
https://tarekith.com

33tetragammon

Post by 33tetragammon » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:32 pm

You can't go wrong with Loop Editor 2. very easy to use, quick results.

Audiofile Engineering is great, i use Triumph, bought Myriad & Loop Editor 2 yesterday (which are really great tools!!).
i didn't like their programs at first (a few years ago either). not their fault, i couldn't get into them.
i guess it kinda grows on you.
take Myriad for example. at first i thought like " why do i need a batch processor anyway? i can do all this inside DSP Quattro or Triumph....
errrr wrong!!! this has really improved my workflow when it comes to handling any number of audio files VERY QUICKLY in a totally automated matter (using custom workflows containing multiple actions) without getting in my way.

seriously, get Loop Editor 2!!!