Using Logic Instruments in Live via Soundflower

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Von Stinkenhaus

Using Logic Instruments in Live via Soundflower

Post by Von Stinkenhaus » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:36 am

Hey guys.

Hoping someone could help with this. I'm a long time Logic user moving on to Live, so I can perform what I've composed in Logic.

I am using Soundflower to route out of Mainstage into Live via the external instrument channel strip. I've researched this and watch multiple tutorials. I have the routing right and I can play the MS instrument in Live. When I record a midi loop, I can see it in Live and a clip lights up on my APC, but I'm getting no audio playback. That's one problem. The other is, if I add another track in MS with a different output from Soundflower 64 and another external track in Live (3-4, 5-6, etc.) they all stack and playback together. I've created one IAC driver and I've used midi channels 15 & 16 (3-4, 5-6) for these tracks.

It seems like I'm almost there, just a few clicks away. Anyone here running this setup? Some insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Von Stinkenhaus

Re: Using Logic Instruments in Live via Soundflower

Post by Von Stinkenhaus » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:01 pm

Thanks for the reply. So someone picked up Soundflower and you have to pay for it now? Nice.

Routing is the same as what I have going now.

Von Stinkenhaus

Re: Using Logic Instruments in Live via Soundflower

Post by Von Stinkenhaus » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:49 pm

That's what I meant, Cycling 74 dropped it and Rogue Amoeba picked it up to further develop it and charges for it.

There's a signed driver version for El Capitan here - https://github.com/mattingalls/Soundflower/releases/ - from the original developer. That may be my problem, I'll have to try it. If that doesn't work then I'll have to throw down for Loopback I guess. If I can use my Logic sounds in Live, then it would be worth it to me. But, I'd rather get the freeware version running though.

Can anyone else that is running this setup that confirm that Soundflower is running on El Capitan?

Thanks