Odd behaviour when freezing MFL devices, like Arp

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jsn

Odd behaviour when freezing MFL devices, like Arp

Post by jsn » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:22 pm

Hi gang, I am at wits end here. I have a MFL Essentials Arp device on a track and when I froze the track I got a perfect result of what i needed the track to sound like. However, I had to unfreeze the track to make adjustments to certain instrument levels within the chain and when i re-froze the track again i get a completely different arpeggiation than my previous freeze. well, not completely different but different enough that i can definitely detect a change. My question is if any of you have experienced similar 'random' behavior with MFL devices while freezing and unfreezing... providing different results each time, despite not having a Random setting/waveform, etc. I notice this behavior in the past with the LFO device. it seems like odd things occur when freezing certain MFL devices. i just can't get consistent results... I must keep unfreezing and freezing until one time it is right. I did that twice now but it takes forever.

Furthermore, last night before I stopped working on the project I had the FREEZED arp track exactly the way I desired it again FINALLY, but when i reopened the project this afternoon and play back the piece, I notice by some miracle the supposedly Frozen arp track is now giving a different result again. Very strange. Any of you have such odd experiences with MFL devices? Thanks a lot for any info. I finally had to resort to resampling once I finally got the frozen pattern I needed again. Audio WON't change..but i would have preferred to keep the chain MIDI. Anyway, thanks for any info.

NoSonic822

Re: Odd behaviour when freezing MFL devices, like Arp

Post by NoSonic822 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:18 am

why dont you resample the midi from the arp...i mean send the post max arp midi to another channel and record that midi output. then you will have the exact midi sequence you need in a midi clip

jsn

Re: Odd behaviour when freezing MFL devices, like Arp

Post by jsn » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:48 pm

Inversoundzzz wrote:why dont you resample the midi from the arp...i mean send the post max arp midi to another channel and record that midi output. then you will have the exact midi sequence you need in a midi clip
now i'm embarrassed. it didn't once cross my mind to do that ha ha. i mean, i know exactly what you are talking about, but sometimes one can get their head to deep into a problem to not see such simple solution. wow i feel stupid. thanks for the reminder
Live Suite 9.5 (32-bit), MFL 6.1.3 (416a295), Win7HP