UVI Workstation + Win 10 + iLok

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tagor

UVI Workstation + Win 10 + iLok

Post by Tagor » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:03 am

I run a couple of Uvi-Workstation + Ethno VST (all updatet version)
on a clean install Win 10.

Loading only one instance of each working, but loading sets with mulltiple instances alwayis leads to crash
Live 9.2 with a fatal error.

Also the Pace Trick with the win8 compatibility does not change anything.

Each set containing more then one instance of uvi workstation or ethno 2 crashing on loading.

if i rebuild the track from the browser by drop&drag ist work until save.. then loading-> crash again..

i guess it will take years until they different brands figure will figure out who the one will be responsible
for that poor performance.. everybody tells on their webpages: oooo.. we are compatiple to anything, anytime, any set up..
and it ends with: "this product is not longer supported" or in suggestions like: run your daw in dos 2.0 mode

pissed off

there you go along to have 64bit und Ram and drivers and licenses and still look dumb out of the laundry-room..

how can it be that people who just crack their fucking stuff have more stability then the idiotic iLok, WavesCenter and KontaktCenter kissmy Ass moneygivers ?

pissed of end

Tarekith

Re: UVI Workstation + Win 10 + iLok

Post by Tarekith » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:13 am

Have you tried contacting UVI to see if they have any ideas?

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:24 am

not now...

the sets i created on Win 7 with Live 9.1 just worked
but they do not with Win 10 + Live 9.2

i determined that it depends on the UVI/Ethno/iLok, because all the other stuff is running when i save the set without
the Ethno/Uvi. As i said it depends sets with multiple instances of the both which are not running... but it worked before..

single instance just work normal.

Richie Witch

Post by Richie Witch » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:30 pm

Not sure how you're using it, but each instance of UVI Workstation can be used as four instances.

You can load a different instrument on each of the four channels on UVI Workstation. Then route four new MIDI tracks to the MIDI track with UVI Workstation on it, one track assigned to each channel. Each of the four new MIDI tracks will then play its own channel/instrument, making UVI workstation work as four instances.

I understand it's not a fix, but might be a good work-around for you.
"Watching the Sky" ~ A 4-track EP of piano, strings, and Native American flute

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:51 pm

yeah thx^^^^

i know i can use both, ethno & uvi multilayered.. maybe its wha i do from now.. i just kept the instruments seperated
to have single access to play them with push, the sad thing are the 30 Tracks which need to be reworked now...
:roll:

i fix them as audio, but also the sends need to be recreated... better dont use those handy returns in future?

Tagor

Post by Tagor » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:14 pm

seem to be a bad mix:

jbridge, engine, kontaktplayer, omnisphere, trilian, rmx, reaktor, dubmachines, uvi-workstation, ethno

i removed now all jbridged..

running one instance uvi and one ethno and dubmachines on the returns...

thing is.. from empty default-template it crashes BUT

made a new template containing all of these.. then its loading without crash

i just hope nobody demands to update a thing that breaks the chain again..

a billion crashlogs on the way

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:00 am

I use UVI Workstation for some piano (personally I hate the UVI workstation thing) but I have a digital iLok authorisation, not a Pace, and it works fine.

I use to use Jbridge back in Win 7 and for the most part it worked but occasionally would just have a spaz and be a pain so I made a clean split and ditched the old 32bit only plugs and froze my system as a 32bit only, reinstalled a new SSD with 64bit only which makes things much more reliable.