TouchABLE 3

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
scheffkoch

Re: TouchABLE 3

Post by scheffkoch » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:23 am

...is touchalbe listed within your midi preferences?...
macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2

Coupe70

Post by Coupe70 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:20 pm

The developers would ask you for the 2 log files that I mentioned.
So have look them if you want to know what's going on...
Phongemeinschaft (Live-ElectroJazz / NuJazz)
Homepage - youtube - Like! :-)
Live 9 (32Bit), HP DV7, i5 2,53GHz, 8 GB RAM, Win7 (64Bit)

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:03 pm

Division Monarchy wrote:I would like to thank the users that tried to assist me with this. Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, for myself to continue to try and get this to work seems fruitless at this point. I've tried every bit of support I can find.

For a future reference, I would like to warn people about this company. The product seems to selectively work on some people's systems and not others. For me, everything is a clean install on a new computer which is used only for music production. I've made a couple attempts to contact the developers and received not one reply. They know that this is an issue with this app, but choose not to fix it. As a paying customer, I find this equally insulting as unethical. Bugs will always be bugs, but to completely blow off customer support is a breach of trust to consumers. I hope the developers of this app reads these forums, because what they do is not right. I know I'm not the only one who spent money on this app and it doesn't work. I see that they have used the funds made from this app to finance more apps that probably don't work just the same. Unfortunately the standard with software seems to have been lowered, and it's companies like this that lower it. Great ideas that are great on paper, but fail to execute and leave the consumer in the dirt. With that said, to the developers of this app, congratulations on stealing my money. It's perfect 21st century thievery.
I agree. Unfortunately this seems to be the story with a lot of companies these days. Most Apple software I use doesn't "just work" half the time. It seems like everyone is doing this and it's getting worse as they all scramble to make more and more profit as quickly as they can. It's called greed, and it will hasten some very bad things in the future. I've been tempted to just go back to an 8-track recorder and use hardware synths and samplers and just mic up guitar amps. I don't know.....I feel your pain though.
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:13 pm

it's not just greed on the developer's end though. people in general are enamoured by shiny things, and that drives things too.

devices and operating systems change so frequently that software development is very much a game of whack-a-mole.

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:52 pm

I haven't used mine for a few months but I just double checked it and it connected okay. I use it connected via USB.

It's a pretty slick app if you can get it to work but, like others, I've found the support from the developer(s) to be pretty much non-existent. When I started using it again I upgraded from 2 - 3 and I remember having a hard time getting it to work.

Support forums were full of threads that were months old with no response from the developer -- who was otherwise pretty active on Twitter promoting Touchable and ModStep. :roll:

Anyway, I was able to get it to work eventually by manually copying the scripts folder touchable.app/Contents/Resources/touchAble to ableton.app/Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts/

Once I did that it started working and I haven't had any issues since. I noticed there's been updates to the Mac side script since then, I'm reluctant to even mess with them but I'll give it a shot.

irrelevance

Post by irrelevance » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:05 pm

You usually catch them where they are most active which tends to be social media as smutek says. Posting on the facebook page for modstep in the past got me a answer within minutes. Annoying if you want to avoid social media in general but sometimes needs must :roll:
I run touchable and Pull/Lemur on a ipad air2 on a 8 year old macbook pro running live 9.7b1 push 2 and all works if a little slow at times :lol:

joeyfivecents

Post by joeyfivecents » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:16 am

I just tried this again. Worthless. Doesn't work at all.
iMac, MacBook Pro, Live Suite, Reason, Logic Pro, Melodyne, FL Studio, iConnect Audio4+, Little Martin, ukelele, Greco gtrs, pedalboard, amps, mics .
http://www.soundcloud.com/gradynickel

Division Monarchy

Post by Division Monarchy » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:30 pm

They finally got back a couple days ago... I guess bad reviews give incentive (I hate that negativity sometimes is the only thing that works).

Anyways, problem still persists. No connection. If we figure it out, I'll let you know, hopefully someone else will find it useful too, as I'm clearly not the only one that can't get it to work.

Please Ableton, make an iOS app, you really did an awesome job with Link. It's the most perfect sync ever.

megaball23

Post by megaball23 » Wed May 10, 2017 5:36 pm

...having the same issues and now i think i will finally give up....

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:01 pm

The last time I used the app was on their second to most recent update.

I had no issues connecting wirelessly or with cable as long as I had the latest iTunes and downloaded and installed their server. In fact, performance seemed really good.

However, the browser would not load instruments no matter how hard I tried.

Haven't tried the last update. It addresses some issues. I don't know if it resolves my issue.

scheffkoch

Post by scheffkoch » Thu May 11, 2017 12:14 pm

...touchable is running absolutely flawless and stable here...it's a must have when you have an ipad imo...os is mac os 10.12.4...
macbook pro m1pro, macos monterey, rme multiface via sonnet echo express se I, push 2, faderfox mx12, xone:k2

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Thu May 11, 2017 12:38 pm

same for me, apart from a few bugs in the Live device templates...

scheffkoch

Post by scheffkoch » Thu May 11, 2017 1:12 pm

...yep...and touchable's clips are still blinking after finishing a clip recording (while also doing arrangement recording)...but i was told this will be fixed with the next update...but the app itself is absolutely stable...i can even disconnect and reconnect my ipad while live is running and touchable will work without any problems...

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Fri May 12, 2017 5:54 pm

I must give touchable another spin if it's stable again. I found my custom page used to crash it.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:37 pm

Just a follow-up from my previous comment. Loading devices now works properly since their update from a couple weeks ago.