Not possible to macro map sampler's Slice Sensitivity

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
JayDeLux

Not possible to macro map sampler's Slice Sensitivity

Post by JayDeLux » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:32 pm

Hello,

One can macro-map pretty much anything on a Sampler.
However I see in 'Slice' mode I cannot macro map 'Sensitivity'. :(

Why is this?
I use slicing for nice audio effects and being able to tweak the 'Sensitivity' while playing produces great effects ... I need to macro-map it / midi-map it!

Can you help? :idea:
Thank you in advance.

Fanu

Re: Not possible to macro map sampler's Slice Sensitivity

Post by Fanu » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:05 pm

Probably because it's easy with Push (I understand not everybody has one, though).

JayDeLux

Post by JayDeLux » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:00 pm

It is a shame... I don't understand why some parameters would be map-able and others not... The code is the same behind the scene... Would it be voluntary?
JayDeLux. https://soundcloud.com/jaydelux-1
Ableton, Push, APC40Mk2, LIVID-DS1, Roland JD-Xi, Arduino things

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:57 pm

You mean Simpler, yes?

Ableton has a long history of leaving parameters unmappqble for some reason. There was a time you couldn't even map beatrepeats repeat button which is just ridiculous. Or how bout Loopers parameters that you can map but not automate like the loop length? If you record into arrange view and youre using a controller to change the looper length it won't play back the way you recorded it because it doesn't automate that parameter. Its lame. Sampler itself (not Simpler) has a bunch of parameters that can't be mapped. Env depth being the most annoying to me. I really wish they would make EVERYTHING mappable and automatable.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

JayDeLux

Post by JayDeLux » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:01 pm

Thank you for your insight.
I am not that great with Ableton that I have not figured out what you mentioned myself (the fact that many parameters are not mappable / it is quite inconsistent ...). It is a shame indeed.
Ableton has a long history of leaving parameters unmappable for some reason
I have started with 9.x, I am pretty much a newbie ... what do you mean by "some" would you think it is not thoroughly developed and tested or they would do it deliberately to force people to buy controllers like Push? 8O
JayDeLux. https://soundcloud.com/jaydelux-1
Ableton, Push, APC40Mk2, LIVID-DS1, Roland JD-Xi, Arduino things