Complex Ableton/Traktor routing (via Loopback)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
JDFS

Complex Ableton/Traktor routing (via Loopback)

Post by JDFS » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:59 pm

I have a question for thee.

I use Loopback for DJ/music production purposes and my situation is as follows: I route 4 Traktor Decks into Ableton via a Virtual Device. The Virtual Device has got 8 channels (2 for each Traktor Deck (A, B, C and D)). This goes into Ableton where I got 4 audio channels set up. Each of the audio channels gets input from the Virtual Device (which on its own gets input from Traktor). In Ableton, I use as an output device 'just' my regular built-in Core Audio device, so that I get output from the headphone jack in my MacBook Pro. So far, so good. A current overview of how I'm using it:

Traktor Output:
Channel 1/2: Traktor A
Channel 3/4: Traktor B
Channel 5/6: Traktor C
Channel 7/8: Traktor D

Ableton Input:
Channel 1/2 up until Channel 7/8.

Ableton Output:
Built-in Core Audio Device

Now I want to try the following (please bear with me). Traktor also has an FX section, which can be used as a Send/Return. I want to use these FX because the MIDI Clock is sometimes not fast enough and this means time-synced FX like a delay is not working correctly...

So I want to expand the number of Virtual Device channels to 14. This is how I want to use Loopback:

Traktor Input:
Channel 9/10: FX Send

Traktor Output:
Channel 1/2: Traktor A
Channel 3/4: Traktor B
Channel 5/6: Traktor C
Channel 7/8: Traktor D
Channel 11/12: FX Return

Ableton Input:
Channel 1/2-7/8: Traktor Decks
Channel 11/12: FX Return

Ableton Output:
Channel 9/10: input for the FX Send in Traktor
Channel 13/14: Built-in Core Audio Device

The last Channel 13/14 is the thing that is not working... In Ableton I want to choose as Master Out Channel 13/14 and then hear it on my headphones... Is there a way, in Loopback or maybe SoundFlower, to select Channel 13/14 to feed the sound to my built-in device or something like that? I think the problem with my setup is that you can only chose 1 audio device in Ableton to feed your audio to.

Does somebody know a solution to something like this?

Timbeaux

Re: Complex Ableton/Traktor routing (via Loopback)

Post by Timbeaux » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:13 am

I think you need jack audio. there you can route the audio to your needs.