Nektar and Ableton

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
BerlinGoodMan

Re: Nektar and Ableton

Post by BerlinGoodMan » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:44 pm

Hi all,

I thought about making a new thread, but folks here seem to know a lot about this topic, so...

I want to use Nektar Impact LX25+ for a gig using Ableton (9.2.3). I can assign the pads to trigger clips, but the annoying thing is that they send MIDI notes. So if I want to use a soft synth within Live, those pads will also trigger notes on the synths.

This is probably something really simple that I'm missing, but how can I set up the Impact (or Ableton?) so that the pad will trigger clips but not notes on the soft synths?

Thank you all!

Mareq

Post by Mareq » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:40 am

Hello.
I created a full and automatic Ableton Live and Nektar Pacer foot controller integration: https://payhip.com/mareq
It configures Pacer automatically, sets the colors according to Live's tracks colors, full LED feedback, record and trigger clips, group tracks support, audio overdubbing, zero need of Pacer configuration, automatic track arming, undo/delete all clips, scene/tracks mode, etc.
Full workflow for efficient live looping and operating Live clips by foots.
You could check it out :)

theleonwaldo

Post by theleonwaldo » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:28 pm

Just in case anyone runs into this problem – I'm using the Nektar SE49 and upon unboxing it didn't work with Ableton 10 (mac). After downloading the Logic Pro X Installer it seems to have fixed it and ableton now recognizes it. :o

Digital Larry

Post by Digital Larry » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:30 pm

Mareq wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:40 am
Hello.
I created a full and automatic Ableton Live and Nektar Pacer foot controller integration: https://payhip.com/mareq
It configures Pacer automatically, sets the colors according to Live's tracks colors, full LED feedback, record and trigger clips, group tracks support, audio overdubbing, zero need of Pacer configuration, automatic track arming, undo/delete all clips, scene/tracks mode, etc.
Full workflow for efficient live looping and operating Live clips by foots.
You could check it out :)
Hey I am checking it out. Have you come up with the full mode demo video yet?

What I realized with some other Pacer/Live integrations is that it all depends on what you want to do. I have a Push 2 and I mostly need the Pacer for things I am doing when the guitar is in my hands.

I mostly want to be able to control a "looper" in an audio track. The best way to do this is with the footswitches sending notes. Looks like Ableton treats controller messages differently than notes. I'd wind up doing the MIDI mapping for every project I want to do this in, but it's not that hard.