Live 9.7-another update for Simpler,but what about Sampler?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kenporter

Re: Live 9.7-another update for Simpler,but what about Sampler?

Post by kenporter » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:42 am

Angstrom wrote:
Thanks Ken, that does turn off warping in Simpler - but there's a bit of a problem that it turns off warping and loop on imported audio clips too - which means no automation envelopes or loops in clips, etc. Obviously I can re-activate warping in each clip after I've dragged some audio in, but hopefully everyone can see it's not really a "fix" to the issue.

The issue being: importing a sample into Simpler doesn't respect the context it is being imported into. It should import and take the settings of either a default Simpler, or of the current Simpler instance.

It would seem to me that there should be a differentiation between the settings and the handling of audio in clips and of samples in Simpler.
I think the audio import should respect context rather than previous usage, or some broad-range monolithic preference which covers very-dissimilar application elements and usages.
Yeah, I see where you're coming from. I agree with you. On one end Live is more consistent now, warping works the same way in Simpler as it does with audio clips, which I am always about Live being more consistent. On the other hand I do agree that you should be able to save Simpler at whatever default just like your other devices. That would certainly fix the issue in general. I do leave warping on, mainly because I use more clips than samples in simpler, and when I have to I disable warp in Simpler. Even if Ableton would change it so I could save it as a default to not warp, I would most likely leave warp turned on by default. This being said, if it could be saved as a default then we both would be happy, you with warp off and me with warp on. So, like I said I agree with you. I just wanted to let you know that you can indeed turn warping off by default in Simpler. :)

Ken

jbone1313

Re: Live 9.7-another update for Simpler,but what about Sampler?

Post by jbone1313 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:59 pm

Angstrom wrote:Importing a sample into Simpler doesn't respect the context it is being imported into. It should import and take the settings of either a default Simpler, or of the current Simpler instance.
I think the audio import should respect context rather than previous usage, or some broad-range monolithic preference which covers very-dissimilar application elements and usages.
Really wish they would fix this.