KOMPLETE ULTIMATE 11 TEASING

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
redglass

Re: KOMPLETE ULTIMATE 11 TEASING

Post by redglass » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:50 pm

L.roachy wrote:
beats me wrote:
What I'd really like to see is software that will easily remove outdated, broken, redundant, or unregistered NI software you have on your drive.

For real, it took me ages to get rid of all that Kore crap on my desktop.
Just did with Reaktor 6 Player: No edit function available, useless though. also no demo version of Reaktor 6 full version. Just poor!

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:44 pm

MrMoneypenny wrote:
L.roachy wrote:
beats me wrote:
What I'd really like to see is software that will easily remove outdated, broken, redundant, or unregistered NI software you have on your drive.

For real, it took me ages to get rid of all that Kore crap on my desktop.
Just did with Reaktor 6 Player: No edit function available, useless though. also no demo version of Reaktor 6 full version. Just poor!

I think the main point of the Player versions is so you can still buy and use libraries but can’t edit them, although not all libraries are available for the player version. I have full versions of Kontakt and Reaktor but never edit any of the libraries so I can see how plenty of users would find the player versions good enough.

redglass

Post by redglass » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:09 pm

I think the main point of the Player versions is so you can still buy and use libraries but can’t edit them, although not all libraries are available for the player version. I have full versions of Kontakt and Reaktor but never edit any of the libraries so I can see how plenty of users would find the player versions good enough.
Maybe not so many Reaktor users use the edit mode. But a demo version of a piece software should not be to difficult to offer. Most software developers do offer it, why not NI?