Excellent choir/vocals sound

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
miekwave

Re: Excellent choir/vocals sound

Post by miekwave » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:13 am

octo8 wrote:Hi,
I have to take back this topic.
I use Olympus Elements, but I find it very CPU limiting. I have newest MBP 15' with 16GB RAM, but very often I get 70% CPU load on one single track.

Any other vocals that are free to test? Or totally free?
I cannot spend more money to buy another.
When using Olympus,
a. turn off all reverbs in patch presets.
b. Set voice limit to 6, 12, or 18
c. Disable Blending and split tracks between Men and Women as independent tracks
d. Minimize key-switching to reduce frequency between articulation envelope modulation
e. Stick to using small patches such as <50mb patches and only add more as needed
f. Minimize swelling (articulation envelope modulation)
etc

Basically, only use minimal patches for the sound youre looking for and fisable articulations you are not using

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:31 am

Shift Gorden wrote: If you're looking for more traditional choirs, East West has a crazy realistic choir. You can even program words into it and it will sing them! I think I saw a post here about that somewhere.

However, East West don't use Kontakt and instead use their own engine which is horrible.
I have a couple of EastWest choir plugins including the one you are speaking of (World Choir or something like that) But also have to agree that the EW Play Engine is terrible. I have also found a few of their violin instruments have terrible click loops in the sample which I reported and they said they were aware and would have a fix one day... That was over a year ago, still no fix. Jumped on a 50% sale mainly for the orchestral horns and strings. Sound great but was well below what I expected from the software.

synthcom

Post by synthcom » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:40 am

Not excellent but useful and easy
http://syntheway.com/choir.htm

8E

Post by 8E » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:22 am

miekwave wrote:
octo8 wrote:Hi,
I have to take back this topic.
I use Olympus Elements, but I find it very CPU limiting. I have newest MBP 15' with 16GB RAM, but very often I get 70% CPU load on one single track.

Any other vocals that are free to test? Or totally free?
I cannot spend more money to buy another.
When using Olympus,
a. turn off all reverbs in patch presets.
b. Set voice limit to 6, 12, or 18
c. Disable Blending and split tracks between Men and Women as independent tracks
d. Minimize key-switching to reduce frequency between articulation envelope modulation
e. Stick to using small patches such as <50mb patches and only add more as needed
f. Minimize swelling (articulation envelope modulation)
etc

Basically, only use minimal patches for the sound youre looking for and fisable articulations you are not using
Thank you.
MacOS Mojave MacBook Pro (15", Mid 2015), 2,5 GHz i7, 16GB RAM
Live Suite 10-latest + Push 1
U-PHORIA UMC204HD